Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Just dont feel sexy

snugglbug19
snugglbug19
Canada
2007/04/16, 03:03 PM
Im 19 years old and i had my baby girl on November 14th 2006, i had a c-section. I also have no real experience when it comes to exercise, my hubby has been helping me with situps, crunches,etc... and i've gotten the under layer pretty tight, it's the top layer of what i call "flub" that i can't get rid of! and because of that, i just don't feel sexy anymore. At 19 years old, i shouldn't feel like this... Anybody at all have any helpful hints for me?? my email is snugglebug19@hotmail.com
Please help, I'm desperate!!!!
:love:Snugglbug19
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/04/16, 03:16 PM
only way to get rid of the "flub' is to eat less, excercise more. Can't spot reduce...so the sit up or crunches won't help you much ...

--------------
\\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\\"

You have to learn to follow, before you can lead.
snugglbug19
snugglbug19
Canada
2007/04/16, 03:23 PM
thx alot bigandrew.:)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/04/16, 08:33 PM
snugglbug - try a program from freetrainers - look at the top of the screen at 'exercise program' and follow the prompts - it will ask about goals and equipment. there are pictures showing how to do most exercises, as well.

As far as food, I hate to sound like a broken record, but check out the diet plan in the thread "WSSC challenge food plan' it is a good plan, plenty of food, I lost over 30 pounds using it, without being hungry.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

kymillner
kymillner
United States
2007/04/26, 04:55 PM
Well i don't quite look like asimmer :) but free trainer's has helped me a lot too. I also had a c-section and it's really hard to lose that "poofy" look unless you change your eating as well as exercise. I weighed 195 pound (5'7") when I began freetrainers at home workout coupled with a very fast paced walk/jog 4-5 days a week for about 30-40 minutes in October '06. I am now down to 158 pounds as of this morning and hopefully I can drop this last ten. It's a slow process but well worth it. I've never been this slim and healthy in my life! My pooch is pretty well gone. Now can someone help me with this last 10!!! I am stuck fluttering between 157-160. It's like my body has said "screw it, I'm done." LOL! How can I kick it back into weightg loss mode!

============
Quoting from asimmer:

snugglbug - try a program from freetrainers - look at the top of the screen at 'exercise program' and follow the prompts - it will ask about goals and equipment. there are pictures showing how to do most exercises, as well.

As far as food, I hate to sound like a broken record, but check out the diet plan in the thread "WSSC challenge food plan' it is a good plan, plenty of food, I lost over 30 pounds using it, without being hungry.

=============
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/04/26, 10:40 PM
kymillner--Wow! You lost 37 lbs. in six months? That is fantastic. That's an average of 6 lbs. per month. I wouldn't worry too much about a little plateau. But have you reassessed your calorie needs since you lost the weight? As you know, the less you weigh, the fewer calories you need...if you haven't adjusted your calories down to accommodate weight loss at your new weight, you may be reaching a maintenance level. If it isn't your diet, then maybe you need to change things up with your workout routine. But congratulations on your progress thus far. You've done very well!
HappySnappy10
HappySnappy10
United States
2007/05/04, 06:44 PM
That almost seems impossable! but way to go. SnuggleBug good luck, imshure that you will find the right approach. and congrats on your baby! well its kinda late but congrats anyway!

--------------
Treat others as you would like to be treated they will remember you for it,...and get revenge!
enalley03
enalley03
United States
2007/06/03, 04:41 AM
I dont think Im fat but i feel like I am... I am in the military and have weight standards that I must uphold. I am 5'5 and 145lbs. Before I joined the military I was only 128 and ever since i have felt horrible about my body and my self confindences. I am trying to lose weight but it just seems like I cant lose any weight. HOw to do build up my self confidence and get back to the weight I am happy at.

erin
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/06/03, 07:45 AM
Have you gained some muscle from the military routine? Or are you gaining weight from the military food?

Eating clean can be a challenge when you don't have total control over your food choices - but it can be done. Try to go for lean protein choices (pick the leastfatty choice given) remove skin from chicken, cut fat off beef..avoid heavy sauces and gravies, try to eat vegegtables, oatmeal, rice, plain baked potatoes (try a little salsa on them, or lightly butter).

Try to get in small snacks inbetween meals, a zone bar or an apple and some string cheese (I don't know how realistic this is in your situation, but it is worth suggesting).

Do you do daily exercise there?

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle