Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Joint popping

Zipsfb
Zipsfb
United States
2006/02/16, 10:14 PM
My wrist pop normally, but the last two days my left knee has been popping everytime I step. It doesn't hurt, but it is loud enough to where it can be heard, and I can feel it popping. Thoughts?

It's really annoying and I don't know if I should worry about it.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/03/07, 10:17 AM
Joint popping is usually harmless, as long as it isn't accompanied by pain.
generally, knee noise is due to the tendons rubbing over/snapping across the bones, or joint fluid being squished in and out of the joint.

I have found that having the chiropractor pull and straighten my lower legs occasionlly helped with the knee tracking correctly, thus less cracking and popping.

Be sure you have a balanced lower body workout so that your quadriceps and hamstring strength is balanced, not pulling the knee joint one way or the other excessively.

Also be sure to stretch your hamstrings and calves, this may help if muscle tightness is contributing.

Check out myt post on heel pian, the rotationla hamstring stercth is really a good stretch for the entire hamstring area.

--------------

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help with man with the wrong mental attitude.
- W. W. Ziege