Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Is their a handicap division?

littleray
littleray
United States
2004/11/18, 05:57 PM
Hi , I`m a 36 year old male with ploand syndrome. I was born with this birth defect, it affected everything on my left side. I`ve worked out the biggest part of my life just to see if I could prove the doctors wrong. They say I`m not to lift more than 8 lbs. without caving in my chest but over the years I`ve managed to get my bench up to 180lbs. But the real ? is I `ve always wanted to compete. Is there any avaliable????
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2004/11/23, 11:56 AM
What type of comp?

If it's bodybuilding, then start with the NPC; I know that they have a wheelchair division, so maybe they can help.

If it's powerlifting, then yes, several federations have divisions for things such as special olympians.

--------------
Michael

Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!
Chaos, Panic, Disorder.... Yes, my work here is done!

rev8ball@freetrainers.com
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/11/26, 03:14 PM
Michael is right. I have competed in a few shows that had a wheelchair division. It is really awesome, the applause just from us competitors warming up in the pump up room when their class is done is thundering. It is inspiring to say the least. Congratulations to you for even thinking aobut it. You may want to check out npcnewsonline.com. You should find some good info there, and more links to other organizations.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com