Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Is having a fun workout?!?!?!

fl4mers
fl4mers
United Kingdom
2005/02/16, 11:04 AM
Hey, I was just wondering what people think about workouts... I haven't been to a gym in a long time but that's cause I generally don't find working out that interesting. With the help of my new fitness plan I want to start going to the gym regularly, but I just wanted to know how other people think about their workouts and maybe find out a few ways of making gym workouts more enjoyable...

xXx
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2005/02/16, 11:06 AM
I always dread going to the gym, but I love the feeling after I am done. I feel rejuvinated.

--------------
I skip faster than most people can run.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2005/02/16, 12:28 PM
Hec is right on it. I always thought that anyone who "enjoys" lifting is not training right. But I enjoy the results, and that's the way to get through the pain: focus on the end, and that will make the means at least bearable.

--------------
Michael

100% AMMONIA SNORTIN, ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASS FAILING, BIG IRON LOVIN, FACE SLAPPIN, HEAVY METAL LISTENIN, CHALK CLOUD MAKIN, GUM BLEEDIN, SCABBY-SHINNED, LEATHER PALMED, BLOOD-SHOT EYED, KNEE WRAP WEARIN, RIP IT UP OFF THE FLOOR, DO OR DIE TRYIN, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION, BAR BENDIN POWERLIFTER. You got a problem with that?
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/02/16, 12:30 PM
to me is more a lifestyle.......i don't like driving on roads when its rainy. I hate writing papers......but i suck it up and go.

Also no matter how crapy of a day I have had, how much people have pissed me off. During my workout nothing else matters. Its just me and gravity battling one another.

What keep me intrested......5lbs. 5lbs?

Everytime I go back to the weight room, I up my weight by 5lbs....maybe 10 if its lowerbody. Thats why i go back.....so add those messly 2.5s to each side of my bench or dl or squat. Because in 4 months those messly 5lbs had added up to 20 lbs. And in 3 months....60lbs etc.

--------------
My drinking squad, has a cheerleading problem!!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2005/02/16, 04:25 PM
Somedays i anticipate my workouts, i think it is because i have mini-goals or competitions with myself in my head - i know I want to do one rep more or a few pounds more, i want to beat my best, that kind of thing.

Other days I really don't want to but i know that I will feel depressed and like I let myself down if i don't go.

Look at your workouts as an adventure or a challenge to yourself, like someone said they didn't think you could press what you intend to and you will show them. It puts you in a mindset that will propel you through your workout.

--------------
Vision without action is a daydream, Action without vision is a nightmare.
-- Japanese Proverb --

ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2005/02/17, 02:03 PM
I tend to look forward to my workouts during the day but when it is time to do them, I start to lag. Once I start with having the Metallica blaring and feel the weight in my hand, I get into it. Although it feels the best when it is over
xxrajxx
xxrajxx
United Kingdom
2005/02/18, 06:12 AM
love the sauna and shower afterwards :big_smile:
2005/02/19, 07:59 AM
well said andrew...

On a separate note I am a masachist and actually enjoy going to workout and having DOMS for a week after and knowing I did it right...to succeed you gotta find the motivation which will work for you...

that extra few pounds every workout, added muscle, loss of fat, 6pack, feeling u get after the workout..etc...
iluvmyguitar19
iluvmyguitar19
United States
2005/02/22, 09:11 PM
The main I do work out and diet plans is so that I can be in better shape for hockey so the satisfaction that I can get to the puck faster than that other dude is nice. I also listen to music. Plus you can focus on the fact that once you get in really nice shape you'll have guys hanging off of you hand and foot. Or you could do something like dance. A lot of my friends do hip hop and they're sore for days afterward but they still like doing it. I was doing Carmen Electras Strip Tease the other day. Thats a fun workout. Slow, but fun and then fast paced. And you can also follow it. Unlike the other ones that are like ok for warm up were gonna do 4 left hand rotations 1 spin 3 jumps and then a split then reverse it and bla bla bla. So yeah. That was long huh.