Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

im ashamed of my body

cranshinibon
cranshinibon
United States
2008/05/01, 05:31 PM
so my name's ed and i'm 20 years old. i was obese when I was 12 weighing near 180 at 5'4" then I stayed the same weight when i hit my growth spurt so i was 180 at 5'10". I'm now 20 and i've gained a lot of weight at this job where all i do is sit down and work on computers and by the time i get home i am too tired to work out. regardless i quit that job and now i'm trying to get into a good workout routine but i need some advice or opinions on if im doing it right.

basically i do as many crunches i can push out every day. once in the morning and once at night. and i either alternate with pushups or i do my benching of 120lbs 8 reps/5 sets. now my legs im pretty sure i know how to work out so thats not a big problem. the biggest thing im ashamed of is my stomach/chest area. its basically where all the weight ive gained sits and i just want to gain muscle and tone what i have and just flatten out my stomach. now if i keep doing crunches will that flatten my stomach or will i need to do A LOT more cardio than im doing. i currently weigh 200 lbs even and i just want to feel good about myself.

i've posted a picture of my stomach/chest so maybe someone could tell me the pointers i should be focusing on. like i said i just want to flatten and tone. bulking up is what im interested in, i just want to look and feel healthy.

revoman
revoman
Canada
2008/05/01, 05:55 PM
Number one thing is diet . Get that down first then you can focus on tonning up , good healthy food and alot of cardio and weigth training and you should be on your way . Doing a 1000 crunches a day will not flatten your stomach, the muscle will grow but will be hiding under a layer of fat still.Eat rigth train hard , get all your nutrients in a day and i'm sure in a few months you will find yourself looking better already.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/05/01, 06:00 PM
Revoman hit it right on! You can do crunches until the cows come home, it won't change your shape. The push ups will help your chest and arms.
Diet is key, along with a good training routine. If you have availability to equipment try the weight loss program from here. Good luck.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
ghpq2
ghpq2
United States
2008/05/12, 01:03 PM
I am ashame of my body i was always fit till now i am so fat i can not stand looking at my self
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/05/16, 10:58 AM
What is your plan to do something about it?
kratos69
kratos69
South Africa
2008/05/18, 04:35 AM
lol! dnt worry ur n0t al0ne..im 25 and my body has suffer da yo-yo effect regarding fat gains and losses..i was so depressd that i started to sm0ke and live very unhealthy..now after i quit sm0kin i wana start training again..im ashamed of my stomach and chest too..its embarrasing to have manboobz..bt i think da reas0n i gave up training in da 1st place lies in the fact that i cant do da m0st essential exercises- PULL UPS AND CHIN UPS. and i hate da m0st effective compound movements- BENCH,SQUATS. i also hate cardio..s0 now im gona focus 0n da things i hate doing :(:dumbbell: