Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

I think I may have plantar fasciitis...

borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2003/11/17, 02:59 PM
In both my feet! I love running, it is my all time favorite cardio exercise, but ever since the summer I have had pain in the arch of my feet. Similar to a knife cutting the tendons.

From what I have read it is plantar fasciitis. I stopped running outdoors and ran on a treadmill. This worked great at first, but now I get the same pain in my feet. Currently I am just doing cross trainer for cardio, but I want to start running on the treadmill/outdoors again.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of the plantar fasciitis in my feet? Or maybe something I can do (like wraps) to let me run again?

--------------
- Its never about how much you can lift, or how many reps you do. Its just about doing it, and doing it right.
- If your hungry all the time, your not eating enough. And anyways, being hungry sucks.

~Brad~
Ogun
Ogun
United States
2003/11/17, 04:13 PM
Please see the discussion in this category called, "Heel Pain." Also, you may or may not have plantar fasciitis, but if you do, the aforementioned discussion will help.

--------------
--There are no versions of the truth.--
Jeff Goldblum, Jurassic Park II
borpillicus
borpillicus
Canada
2003/11/17, 04:37 PM
Hmmmm... After reading that, I don't think I have plantar fasciitis anymore. I know I did have it over the summer, with the pain being worse in the morning, and after a run or periods of sitting still.

Now the pain seems to only come when I run. Its always in the arch of my foot, right infront of the heel. Its pretty painful when it starts, but as soon as I stop running it leaves. I also found massaging it before running prolonges the pain from coming.

Does this sound like anything anyone knows about?

--------------
- Its never about how much you can lift, or how many reps you do. Its just about doing it, and doing it right.
- If your hungry all the time, your not eating enough. And anyways, being hungry sucks.

~Brad~