Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

I need help

dloblein
dloblein
United States
2012/01/26, 03:26 AM
I am prior military, honorably discharged after just 2 years of Army service. I had pain in my right shoulder that I used as an excuse to not work out, afraid I would "damage" it some more. But I am only 5'4, 22 years old, and weigh 240lbs. Please. Someone help me. I am trying to get back into shape for my health, and so I can feel confident about myself again. What excersizes should I start off with again. The training I had in the military is too advance for me now, but I would like to work back up to it. What should I do?
george
george
Canada
2012/01/26, 07:51 AM
Coming back from a layoff or injury is quite common.. you are not alone.

Getting back into shape is a combination of fitness AND exercise, so the nutrition part you can start on with or without any injuries.

You mention that you "had"  shoulder pain, so I will assume it is gone? If that is the case then start up slow.. you can either use our Beginner Gym program or if you prefer to exercise in the comfort of you home you can try out Beginner Home or Exercise Bands programs. Each only require a set of dumbbells or exercise bands that go for $5 at a store.

Start off slow, allow your body to get the feel for exercise again and then move up levels as you find the workouts easier to do.

Best of luck.. and please do keep posting your progress, questions or answers here for others to follow along with.
dloblein
dloblein
United States
2012/01/26, 11:12 AM
The pain now comes and goes. I have been in 3 car accident, and always been the passenger. So it as my right shoulder that kept on getting hurt. When I could no longer keep up with PT or pass the PT test because of the injuries, that's when the Army discharged me. I eat healthy most days, only once out of the week will I "cheat". But the combination of being put on medication and the lack of exercise because of my shoulder, I gained weight all too fast.
For the dumbbells and exercise bands, I have to wait til next Thursday to get them.
How soon will I start to see results?
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2012/01/26, 11:39 AM
Hi dloblein,   because you have been out of exercise for a while and if you stay consistent with the program in combination with eating well, you will probably see results quickly in the beginning then slowly decrease as you get more into the regime.  People hit plateaus during their 4th thru 6th week so it is always good to change up a few exercises to trigger your muscles.  These programs are great because they offer a couple optional exercises for each muscle group during your workouts which helps you to keep from hitting the plateau. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes.  Also, take advantage of the "FLogs" to post your progress for others to read and help you in exercise, motivation and any other questions you might have.

Bettia
dloblein
dloblein
United States
2012/01/26, 11:43 AM
Thanks. I think right now I just need some motivation because everything else I have tried hasn't worked at all for me.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2012/01/26, 11:48 AM
you're in the right place girl!  Feel free to contact me as a "virtual motivator" if you need.  Take care and keep posting progress, this helps you in accountability and to stay focused.  Let us know what program you choose to do etc.  We'll keep checking in on you too.
dloblein
dloblein
United States
2012/01/26, 11:49 AM
k thanks.