Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

I need advice on workouts

Nsx
Nsx
United States
2002/11/10, 11:59 PM
I was wonderin if any one could give me some advice and talk to me about good exersise routines and some extra routines that would help me get stronger thats not listed in free trainers and simply i need someone to talk abotu working out with so send me a message if this looks like a good offer.....IM 15 and recovering from a seperated shoulder injury and the doc suggested this sight to find a work out routine EMAIL ADDRESS nsx2002gt@yahoo.com/.///or send me a message
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/11/11, 10:53 AM
I would start with an ft program. Sounds like you have to start from the basics and should not really look for an intensive workout coming back from an injury.

However, if you're looking for just a more intensive workout, search old posts under the Powerlifting section.

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/11/12, 09:02 PM
If you want to get stronger exclusively, I would keep your rep range in the 3-6 area with heavy weights. As famed trainer Charles Poliquin advocates, this range will make you stronger, not necessarily bigger. These would also be mostly heavy compound movements. Recovering from a separated shoulder, I think I would start with some light higher rep shoulder exercises and then work my way up. Do not try to get too heavy too fast, could very easily re-aggravate it. FT has some excellent shoulder movements. I would choose a couple of these, and slowly work your way back to full strength. Then you can go for a mass or strength program to fit you desires. Just my thoughts. Shoulder injuries are nothing to mess with.