Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

I love this...

sweetandpetite
sweetandpetite
Canada
2003/09/04, 06:37 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to all of the people who post quite frequently. I read them almost everyday and most of it is very informative and since coming to this site, I couldn't stay motivated or committed to the workout specified or a clean diet.

2 months ago I kept pushing myself to keep going and now I love this! I have managed to lose 15 pounds and reading what everyone has to say on different topics is wonderful.

I have one question though, what exercises could I do to make a noticeable waistline? I have a healthy diet, and i'm just curious as to what I could do.

Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/09/04, 06:43 PM
You might want to widen your shoulders, asthis will give the illusion of a narrower waistline. (Remember this is coming from a male). Maybe females have another way.

--------------
Beleive you can, and you are halfway there.
Ivan Montreal Canada (aka SpongeBob Square Pants to some!)
richardjst
richardjst
United States
2003/09/04, 11:21 PM
Use a little resistance when doing ab workouts, they are a muscle too...with little fat on the abdominals, making the muscle grow will give them a more "modeled" look.

--------------
If hard work and persistence were the keys to success, most people would opt to pick the lock.~Dick
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/09/05, 12:12 AM
Hey sweet, good to hear from you again. Glad you hung in there long enough to become dedicated. Your weight loss is great, too. Do a search on 'oblique exercises'. There are lots of good ones. Anything that twists at the waist w3ill help, but remember to keep your lower body still. Carivan is right too, if you have nice broad shoulders your waist will look smaller. I do lots of shoulder presses and laterals. I don't work my traps specifically as I don't like that look on women myself.

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/09/05, 11:30 AM
Hello young lady
It's always great to know that we can help.
The very best exercise I know for the waist is twists(try to do a search and you'll find the needed info!).
Good luck!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.