Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

I have a small idea but no goal??

dumont21
dumont21
Canada
2008/10/01, 01:58 AM
I just finished college in my late 20's. I currently work for a correctional facility for 12-18. I'm overweight and have no cardio.and I work midnights. most of my time is sitting in a office. im 5-9 and weigh 238.8. I'm a big shouldered guy who was asked to play football cause of my size. but at my new job it helps to look big. Ive been told that once in a while we might need to restrain but it can go for hours sometime. I know i dont have the stamina. i want to get in shape.. prolly bigger. i have worked out off and on for years but with no goal.. i get all pumped up to work out for a few weeks then i stop. I made a 4X a week muscle gain program here on this site. but eating is my biggest challenge. I cant afford a personal trainer but If some1 took me under their wing here id have no probs sending a few bucks their way. please help... thanks
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/10/01, 01:43 PM
Doing a muscle gin program isn't really going to help your cardiovascular conditioning all that much. In fact, you're bound to put on some more fat weight while doing it. I just came off of a clean mass cycle myself, and have a bit of fat to shed.
The key to gaining size is to take in as many quality calories as possible. If you cant reach your calorie goal through good foods during the day, then I'd suggest a weight gainer shake here and there to help raise the calorie count. I'm a big fan of Cytogainer myself. Most shakes can be mixed with water on the spot, so all you really have to do is carry a shaker with the powder in it, and when you're ready for nutrition, mix. If you can't eat big, you won't get big.
As for your conditioning, you can always hit the treadmill. Start off slow, and ease into your cardio. As you progress, add more speed or an incline. One thing you may want to consider is that if you're trying to get big, cardio burns calories, so you'll have to eat even more.
I've been in your shoes before, and I'm sure there's a lot more ?'s to answer. Send me a PM or just post em' here. And save your money, the advice here is always free.