Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

I dont know if this is a good workout

DiMasso
DiMasso
United States
2008/10/19, 08:16 PM
Sunday: Back: wide pull ups close pull ups reverse pull ups bent over rows and deadlifts i do 3-4sets per exercise and 10reps 8reps 6reps if 4 sets i do 2 sets of 8 then i do biceps also hammer curls and concentration curls 4 sets same rep style
monday: REST
Tuesday: Chest: bench flat 4sets push ups 90incline 90decline(i do that in 4 sets) and 20 flat(1 set)
Triceps:Chair dips 4 sets tricep extensions 3 sets idk what else to add?
Wed: REST
Thurs:Shoulders: lateral raises(like wings u know) 3 sets bent over rows(barbell) or should i do dumbell? 3 sets and military press w/ dumbells tho
Traps: shoulder shrugs on machine 4 sets w/ dumbells 3 sets
Friday:Rest
Sat: Soccer in the AM and i do legs later like squats lunges calf raises i do them 1 legged for extra weight and maybe abs
Repeat

--------------
\"Without pain we would never know what pleasure is\"
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/10/19, 09:03 PM
What are your goals? The reason for this would be to adjust your sets so you are not overdoing it and getting proper rest.

You seem 'new' by your posting, and I sense 'excitement'. Be careful, don't get so into your workout that it becomes something you cannot sustain. This leads directly to failure/quitting. So be careful with your 'enthusiasm'.

Digesting that, I would investigate an antagonist type workout instead of what you are doing. You should find you are much stronger in your second exercise, thus you will be able to use heavier weights.

This obviously results in greater overload, thus more chance of muscular size and strength gains.

I actually am a big fan of the four day a week workout split like you are close to here, with one cardio day on one of my off days from resistance training.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer