Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

hsyrectomy weight gain??

smrobison
smrobison
United States
2006/10/11, 10:25 AM
I'm new, weigh 155 and I'm 5'4. I had a total hsyrectomy in Nov. 2005. I weighed 120 before the surgery. I have 4 kids and I have had the flabby tummy and stretch marks since my first child in 1994. I have researched this and got mixed answers that my skin elastity isnt coming back and a tummy tuck is the only thing and Ive seen with the right work out I can have a six pack...lol. I just bought a exercise bike. I've been watching what I eat and drinking plenty of water. Do I still have a metabolism? What can I do to kick it up? Any help will be wonderful...Thanks for reading..I love this site!!
Reddy
Reddy
United States
2006/10/11, 12:06 PM
build your muscles
everyone has a metabolism - some just goes faster than others. but the more muscle you have the faster it goes

--------------
Reddy

All people smile in the same language
1memorymakermom
1memorymakermom
United States
2007/01/21, 09:54 PM
Hi...this is a tough one. I've had two c-sections and a hysterectomy. My tummy doesn't look too hot and I work out 2 hours a day/6days a week. I've tried weight watchers, la weight loss and finally hired a trainer at the gym. I've only been able to loose seven pounds :( It's really depressing. I can't even loose one dress size. I've been a size 14 for four years...but working out has given me definition, plus a healthier life style. I'm trying hard to be happy with myself. I'm 40, married, and have two great kids...but I sure wish I looked like I did before the hysterectomy....even hormones (including testerosterone) has not helped. I guess I'm not being very encourging...but I am being honest. Sometimes, I think we just need to do our very best and work on loving our bodies as is...there's so much out of our control. Good luck and don't give up.
JANICE_CRAYTON
JANICE_CRAYTON
United States
2007/03/08, 05:27 PM
I am 46 years old. I am glad to see someone else going through the same problems. So far I have lost 10lbs.

--------------
TWEETY