Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Hows this for a days diet?

curlykim
curlykim
United Kingdom
2007/07/29, 04:58 PM
Meal one-
Oats, made with water-180cals

Meal two-
Protein Shake(met rx ready made until I get the powder!-182 cals 20g protein&20g carbs
80g Grapes (im under the impression these can be my 'post workout carbs' correct me if im wrong though, please!)

Meal three-
Egg Sandwhich (shop bought,on the run!) 330 cals, 15.7g protein, 42.2g carbs, one pear

Meal four-
2 x ryvita at 32 cals each (i forget the carbs) 50g low fat cottage cheese (11.5g protein), 50g hummus (only 4.5g protein, but 8.8g good fat) celery&cucumber sticks

Meal five-
75g dry wholewheat pasta(42.2g carbs, 10g protein) 1/2 tin tomatoes, 100g prawns (17g protein) (works out to 345 cals)

Meal six-
Can of Tuna, 50g Cottage Cheese (190 cals, 42g protein)

Just wanted some opinions on it really, I weigh 102lbs, my total protein intake today was about 120gs, Total cals today-

Anything I would benefit from changing in your opinions?
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/07/29, 09:16 PM
What are you trying to do, lose weight?

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

\"He may be gone, but Sanjaya proved that it doesn\'t matter how talented you are - if you believe in yourself, you can annoy literally millions of people.\" Jimmy Kimmel
curlykim
curlykim
United Kingdom
2007/07/29, 09:44 PM
Oh yeah, my aims might help!

Ive been trying to do a profile etc, but I'm not sure how I'd go about it, because I'm working with a PT and trying to get my own routine running also, with the things Im finding out etc on here and from what Im researching myself. So what Im looking to do is document what I do and how Im doing in that, rather than how Im doing on the ready-set programs. Dunno If I can though?

I want to gain muscle and, in an ideal world (ha) not fat!

Ive upped my calories this week, and have put on 0.5kgs after 4 days (but am sticking with it before I adjust because I guess an initial gain is always going to happen.

So I guess I want muscle gains without bulk (fat bulk!).

Am I making any sense here?!

Sorry, if im not, Its 2.42am in here in sunny :laugh: England!

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/07/29, 11:01 PM
No worries, curly....

I'm no pro when it comes to the diet, but try to make sure you are getting protien with each meal.

I'm not sure how many veggies you are getting, but you can't really get too much, I don't think. Try to stick with the really green stuff... brocolli and such. I have nothing against cucumber and celery, but they are mostly water. Don't stop eating them, just eat other kids, too.

--------------

\"He may be gone, but Sanjaya proved that it doesn\'t matter how talented you are - if you believe in yourself, you can annoy literally millions of people.\" Jimmy Kimmel
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/07/30, 09:21 AM
Science has proven that kids have many more nutrient dense and vitamin enriched qualities than their adult counterparts. They taste much better also.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

============
Quoting from TimDay:

Don't stop eating them, just eat other kids, too.

=============

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/07/30, 11:41 AM
Darn lack of edit button! That line is like some horrible kids story about witches, cauldrons and huts in the woods!

Kids are also much more tender. :laugh:

The line should read "kinds." ha.

--------------

tuin
tuin
Mexico
2007/07/30, 11:54 AM
funny!!! thanks!, having a bad day and you just made me laugh!

:laugh:
curlykim
curlykim
United Kingdom
2007/08/02, 05:53 PM
Hello again!!

I cant say I added more kids into my diet, but I have added more veg, ie brocolli, cauliflour, carrots...

Anything else you can pick up on? Im so adamant that I want to do everything right!

:) It made me smile when you called me curly by the way! Thats what alot of my friends call me and it always kind of cheers me up!

Little things....

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/08/02, 06:07 PM
Well, eat more, I think.

Totally up what you have listed it comes to right around 1300 cals. Kids not included.
curlykim
curlykim
United Kingdom
2007/08/05, 06:22 PM
Hello once again.....

I must have written something down wrong, Ive been doing 1650 calories (trying to find my maintain level to work from there) Ive put on .9kgs in 2 weeks, so I guess thats not it!
So I shall be endeavouring to lower it SLOWLY :)rather than just cutting loads at once. Although, the tanita scales which I hop on at the gym (I planned to buy my own, until I looked up the model and decided I've got better things to spend £900 while theres one avalible to me!) say that my bodyfat % has gone down 3%?? In 4 weeks? I know I'm somewhat of a mini person, but this seems like a long way to go in 4 weeks! Not that I'm complaining, just seems too good to be true!

I feel way more 'toned' (I don't like that term, its all a bit too WeightWatchers for my liking...) But my stomach seems massive. If I didn't know better I'd say I was housing a small woodland creature or something... I guess essentially what I've done is 'bulking', is this normal?

I've been fitbuddy'ing alllll day and I also have quite an array of books going on... (I'm not JUST obsessed, I also plan on training to be a trainer. I am however obsessed, just pointing out theres other reasons too!)

I've picked up quite a bit of information and am fairly ready to go at it full pelt (not that I'm not already giving it my all, but I want to set a new 'starting point' for myself from when I've got it reallyyyy worked out in my head)

I'm gonna start a new post somewhere summing up what I've picked up, my aims, plans etc and add some questions and see what people think. I'm gonna do some searching for the most frequented board first though!

:) By the way...I keep finding myself using the term 'and all the different kids' No-one gets what Im going on about, but it amuses me...