Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

How much is too much?

bibigirl
bibigirl
Belgium
2002/04/16, 08:13 AM
Hi!
I'm 5'8" and 125 lbs. I know I am not considered overweight, but I look over weight if that makes any sence. I would like to lose about 10 pounds, as well as tone. My question is what is the best way to get there the fastest. i am currently working out 5 days a week. I do at least 30 minutes on the stair stepper and try to run for 15 at the end of my workout. I am also (slowly) weight training. I have been doing this for a month and have yet to see one little improvement. My main goal is to lose fat. What am I doing wrong?!
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/04/16, 09:22 AM
You probably could post up something about your diet here... such as what your eating and if your makinng your nutritional goals (in the ft nutrition section)... Also you can probably try to increase your weight training to gain a little more muscle.. your body will burn more calories in a day to sustain muscle than fat... and don't forget to lose the weight slowly.. so maybe a max of 2lbs per week.. so 10/2 = 5 weeks to lose the weight... probably on a stright diet and training schedule.. i'm not too sure how hard it is to lose 2 lbs.. probably depends on your body type...
bibigirl
bibigirl
Belgium
2002/04/16, 10:06 AM
Honestly, I don't have any set nutrition goals yet. I have a terrible habbit about NOT eating. For example, today so far (it is 4:15 p.m.) I have only had a yogert (fat free) and a slice of bread. Tonight I will make chicken and vegies (usually only eat half) and I usually eat an orange after I work out. That's basically everyday, besides the chicken dinner. I will try to look at the nutrition part of this now.
Thanks for your help!
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/16, 10:42 AM
Bibigirl, part of your problem is actually that you may be starving your body by not eating. Let me explain. If your body does not get its proper nutrition, it will increase its capacity to store fat. This ensures it does not starve. So, when you work out or do something strenous, it will find other sources to feed itself before tapping into fat stores.

So, eat 5-6 small meals a day. This, along with weight training, should increase your natural metabolism which will go after the fat!

Hope this makes sense...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/17, 02:06 AM
Yes, if you want to loose fat you have to eat enough...... I know that can be difficult to understand but that's the only way to make your metabolism burn faster.

Also you need to eat some good insaturated fat to burn the bad fat.

Hmmm, yes I know the human body is not always that logical.....

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
bibigirl
bibigirl
Belgium
2002/04/17, 03:11 AM
Thank you so much for all the help! Eating 5-6 small meals seems very impossible for me now, but I am going to give it a shot. I guess I am too afraid that I will just add more fat to what I already have!

Philia2- you are so right when you say the human body is not always that logical! lol
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/17, 10:42 AM
Bibigirl, think of it this way. You're only breaking up what you would normally consume in 2 or 3 meal sittings. In a couple of those meals, consume MRPs (meal replacements). These are easy to mix and drink...better than preparing something in the kitchen. You won't get fat from these!

--------------
**_Robert_**