Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

how many sets?

BRETTO
BRETTO
United States
2002/07/11, 12:46 PM
My program suggests 4 sets for most exercises (some are 5 sets). How significant are the number of sets? Would it matter if I did more or les sets for a particular exercise?
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/07/11, 01:48 PM
Bretto, man you are all over the place! If you are going to give the ft program a whirl, why not follow it. I mean, if you are an accomplished lifter/weightrainer and are confident you know what is best then I defer. If not, try the program the way it is laid out, you will be very happy with the results. After you've been at it for awhile then I might suggest you make changes.
The # of sets does matter, but as you understand your body more you may decide to do things a little differently. You should find that ft varies its routines weekly so that your bady does not become to comfy with the program. So, some weeks you may have more sets of one exercise than another. Roll with it.

--------------
Ischjli
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -- T. S. Elliot
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/07/11, 07:54 PM
Right ischjli, you should listen to your body. And Bretto, try the ft program for one rotation, then decide if you like it or what. I have always done a certain number of sets each time I go to the gym. But each visit I am flexible in that if I feel the need to lift more I do so, or less if that is what I feel.