Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

how do I increase size in my chest?

Smalls
Smalls
United States
2004/01/12, 08:13 PM
Here is my problem. I have been working out for about six months now. I weigh about 160. My chest is relatively flat and my arms and legs are skinny. I am trying to gain weight in these areas. I eat everything in sight and focus on my protein intake. Since I have started I have not gained a pound and the only thing that is getting larger is my stomach. The amount of weight I can lift has increased however I still have a flat chest and small arms. I work out four days a week for about two hours a day. Can some one help. Thanks.
2004/01/12, 08:26 PM
Hi smalls, Welcome to FT.

What are your routines?
What kind of food do you eat?
How old are you?

--------------
Living well is the best revenge.

Charlie
temort
temort
Albania
2004/01/15, 06:46 PM
Ask bigandrew. =p
richardjst
richardjst
United States
2004/01/17, 12:51 AM
Sounds to me like your overtraining...four days a week 2 hours a shot....the better you get the less you should have to train...if your in there over an hour...your not doin somethin right...One of my favorite sayings that newbies find hard to believe is...It's not the quanitity of your workout, but it's the quality. Hope some of this helps.

--------------
If hard work and persistence were the keys to success, most people would opt to pick the lock.~Dick
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2004/01/17, 02:08 AM
Good responses here so far. Post your routine so we can see what you are doing (or overdoing). Also, you mention you eat everything in sight and haven't gained weight...I find this very hard to believe. You might as well post your diet, too.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/01/18, 06:25 PM
temort was that some sort of joke??? at my expense?

--------------
---andrew.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!

LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR!!
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/01/19, 12:23 AM
are u wanting to " body build" or wanting to put up big weights( maxes) cause there is a difference , to me anyways, i was alwaysbig and couldlift some good numbers but i had no defination to me, when i stoped worrying about the weight, and worrying about HOW i was doing it and the quality of the rep.............man i got huge......2 years ago in high school i was 222lbs and 21% body fat with a 38 in waist, with liek a 16 3/4in biceps now only 2 years later i'm still a 38in waist but 245lbs and a almost 19in bicep........i do more of a body building routine doing more reps( quality) not weight.......so listen to richard it does work i promise

--------------

Smalls
Smalls
United States
2004/01/20, 06:34 PM
Hey guys thanks for the big response. I generally work out like this. Monday 4 chest exercises and 3 bicep exercises. Tuesday 4 triceps exercises and 4 leg exercises. Wednesday off. Thursday 4 back exercises and 4 shoulder exercises. Friday 3 chest exercises and abs. My diet usually consists of 2 to 5 meals per day. I usually miss breakfast. I eat a lot of fish (Tuna), meat (steak, hamburgers), some pasta, vegetables, lots of milk and water. I also try to drink a protein shake every day which has 40 grams of protein and I take cell-tech every day.

My body is cut because I am so skinny but I want to have larger arms and chest, however I would like to be able to lift a good amount of weight. I have 2 other workout partners and they both lift a significant amount more then I do. I would like to catch up.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/01/24, 07:04 AM
y r u doing chest 2 times in a week? y not split up shoulders and back?...........y do u want larger arms and chest? there are more important things than a big chest and arms...........ur traing the hell outta the body parts u want but ur also neglicting other body parts.........ican can assume this dur to the fact u have 2 days of chest? what excersies u do for other body parts? do u do squats, cleans, mitary ,deadlifts? if so how much u doing on these/? cause these will help u out mor ein the long run in strength and everything.............i mean think about if get in a fight with soemone on the street what u gonna do? curl them? bench press them?

--------------

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/03/02, 08:54 PM
the best excercise for building up your chest would be to drop the weight as far back as you can and then do a set of nice, slow dumbell flyes.

do more reps with less time between sets. I am a powerlifter and olympic style lifter, but I do know what bodybuilders do (I've done a lot of research on all the different weight lifting disciples.

--------------
"I get up in the morning around six to run for about an hour. Later in the day, I lift with a partner. Following my lifting sessions, I usually do speed and agility drills. Later, I drill all my holds and moves."

'Isnt that lifestyle boring?'

"Yes, but the gold medal is very shiny."
Ichiguchi
Olympic Gold Medalist
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/03, 01:29 AM
THERE IS NOT JUST ONE EXERCISE THAT IS GOING TO BUILD YOU CHEST...You got to hit it from all3 angles..incline, decline, and flat while doing isolation to build tendons which includes pecdec, flies, incline flies, deep dips...:dumbbell:
newbreed
newbreed
United States
2004/03/03, 12:00 PM
Listen to jdelts, hit the chest from all angles, with good quality reps, no better advice than that.Peace.

newbreed
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2004/03/03, 12:19 PM
============
Quoting from smalls:

My diet usually consists of 2 to 5 meals per day. I usually miss breakfast.

=============

In addition to the advice already given, you are not dieting properly if you are only eating twice per day. Not only will you not add weight, but your working out is not doing anything for you. You'll need to tweak your diet and should eat no less than 4-7 meals per day.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!

E-mail: rpacheco@freetrainers.com