Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

How do I....

gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/03/11, 11:22 PM
become a moderator? I would be a huge resource.
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/03/12, 08:52 AM
Send a email to our founding fathers.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
2004/03/12, 08:59 AM
george@ft.com
adrian@ft.com

I agree. You have helped an awful lot of people including this geezer.

--------------
The greatest mystery of life is who we truly are.

Charlie
goodoldtex
goodoldtex
United States
2004/03/12, 10:12 AM
Gator For Moderator!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/03/12, 12:35 PM
we can start a campaign to get you to be a moderatpr - really you won't do much more than you do now, it justs gives you the power to dlete posts and maybe a hint of authority. Oh, and the pay rate is awesome:big_smile:

--------------
"To be able to go to the gym and train hard is a joy and a privelege, even though the hard work necessitates driving yourself through considerable discomfort. Savor this privelege and blessing, and revel in it."
Stuart McRobert, Beyond Brawn
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/03/12, 03:28 PM
power to the strength athletes lol

--------------
I am that
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/03/12, 06:02 PM
Awesome! I love this forum!:)
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/03/29, 10:55 PM
When I become a moderator maybe I'll change my name to:
MODERGATOR! :big_smile::laugh:
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/03/31, 04:14 PM
I sent an email to the two emails above and they came back as being nonexistent.
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/01, 02:07 AM
george@freetrainers.com
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/04/01, 09:06 AM
You can reach Adrian here:
adrian_pro@freetrainers.com

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/04/09, 10:37 PM
I have yet to receive a reply from these guys. I'm gonna start my own site. It will be completely and 100% free forever. Give me a few months to put it together:
www.certifiedweighttrainer.com
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/04/09, 11:11 PM
You know more than anyone else on this site about powerlifting and strength training. They should let you be moderator. That would be awesome if you started your own site.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

pimple
pimple
United States
2004/04/15, 01:20 AM
hey, if you need a programmer, my email is antigatez@yahoo.com...
heh... and yeah, it's all about FREE WEB!
peace...

--------------
8.1 o_O

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=GEKZGLA&key=RLE
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/15, 06:58 PM
gatormade - It isn't a slight that you haven't heard from them, last i knew, Adrian was relocating to...switzerland? I figure they have a lot going on and recieve a lot of emails every day.

Being a moderator isn't any different than your current status, except that you can delete posts.

We all appreciate your vast knowledge and patience.

I think one of the things they consider when picking new mods is how much they surf through all of the forums. You tend to specialize in this forum.

I hope you have fun designing your website, I am sure it will be awesome. I hope you will still come around here to help the powerlifters!

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/04/15, 07:28 PM
My areas of expertise are:
Sports performance
Power lifting
Olympic lifting
Body building (I did this for 2 years after college football)
Nutrition
Conditioning
Rehabilitation
Injury prevention
People of all ages (I have worked with people ranging from the age of 10 to 103). I do specialize in this forum because the other forums are already well taken care of. Why go on there and repeat what everyone else has said? I don't feel like there was a slight. I know I am appreciated. A moderator is a role model to the people of this website and I feel that I put down high quality posts. I could charge money for what I have put down here but wouldn't because it is not my style.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/17, 09:37 AM
This was a response in another forum to a post. the original post was a compliment to the site directors and mods, but it turned into a campaign for gator for moderator.

I love gator, i respect his knowledge. I don't know what you think his being made moderator would change. We don't get paid, we don't get special features at FT, other than deleting posts. We don't get free memberships.

I do feel like this push to get gator made a moderator is creating some hostility. This is a great website full of positive people, don't start a mutiny for no good reason. gator does an amazing job in the powerlifting forum, and you know what? That is his choice. no one makes him answer posts, just like no one makes the rest of us answer posts. no one requires him to be on as frequently as he is. he has a vast amount of knowledge and is enthusiastic.
I did point out to him that one of the things they look for in mods is that they attend all forums. he stated that he didn't see the reason because it would be repetitive. Okay, than be happy being the main and most informative person in the powerlifting forum.

I am not trying to disrespect anyone. I just don't think it is productive to create an atmosphere of aligning people to a cause that may not be what they think it is. this is not a popularity contest.

Gator is already a very respected person on this site. being a moderator isn't going to change anything.

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/04/17, 01:03 PM
Sorry to curtail off the subject, but that post board is the reason why I'm gonna start checking this forum out, from what I heard on the other one Gator is da-man for strength training so I'd like to find out about more of his posts:). And I am thankfull to everyone here for there information on lifting and workingout, it's a great motivation push for me.:cool::dumbbell:

--------------
A determined mind is the best weapon in any situation, a strong body is the road to victory. G.R.C.
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/04/17, 04:27 PM
I am not going to get into the whole moderator thing. I will say this: I take every bit of advice given at face value. Basically what I mean is that some people give advice and don't really know what the hell they are talking about, or they just repeat what they have heard with nothing to really back up what they are advising. There are three people on this sight who's words I take to heart and actually incorporate into my workouts and diet. They are BB1, Asimmer, and Gatoremade. So what I am trying to say is you dont need to be a moderator to be a role model. I myself consider you a role model already.

--------------
My gym dues are not paid with money.
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/18, 01:30 PM
Good post hecdarec.

--------------
I am that
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/04/19, 07:35 AM
do feel like this push to get gator made a moderator is creating some hostility. This is a great website full of positive people, don't start a mutiny for no good reason. gator does an amazing job in the powerlifting forum, and you know what? That is his choice. no one makes him answer posts, just like no one makes the rest of us answer posts. no one requires him to be on as frequently as he is. he has a vast amount of knowledge and is enthusiastic.
I did point out to him that one of the things they look for in mods is that they attend all forums. he stated that he didn't see the reason because it would be repetitive. Okay, than be happy being the main and most informative person in the powerlifting forum.
I withdrawl my request to become a moderator. The last thing I want to do is create hostility. My thoughts on being a moderator are that people look to the moderators when they come to this site. I wanted to be one of those people. So, it does matter if you are a moderator even if you don't think so. I post under my own free will and will continue to do so. Thank you.