Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

how about a more *recent* meet and greet

goodoldtex
goodoldtex
United States
2004/03/22, 02:48 PM
I only started this thread because all of the other threads are like two years old, and they're filled with so much other crap its hard to figure out whats recent and whats not in the 'younger crowd' world.

So, allow me to introduce myself, i am Elliot. I am 19 yrs old, a freshman at Boston College currently. Next year i will be attending Texas Tech (as i am from texas, i moved back due the fact that private school wasn't the atmosphere that suits me, and this way, its easier on the pocket book).

I am a photography major with a concentration in pre-med. Current hobbies include working on cars (used to have a BMW M3 that i worked on, currently i do not have a car to work with seeing as i just sold the m3), working out, and my ongoing love for the arts.

now that all of that has been said, feel free to post here, so that we may know what teens actually are around this board and aren't from 2 yrs ago.
Kyrah
Kyrah
United States
2004/03/22, 03:02 PM
Hello Tex! I'm Kari, 22 years old, married to the Air Force <my hubby is Relique, he's 26> We are living in Texas atm but will be PCSing this summer to Turkey.

As for hobbies, I love to read, play computer games <EQ, SWG>, and go for walks with the hubby. Currently I am not working, I am staying at home to try to lose all the weight I gained over the last year, but want to become a certified pilates/yoga trainer.

Aside from that I look forward to getting to know you all, as I have been taking advise from you guys :big_smile:

--------------
Love me as I am . . .
Let me worry about how I look!
goodoldtex
goodoldtex
United States
2004/03/22, 06:18 PM
haha yeah i play SWG, CS, CoD, and console games too
goldengloves
goldengloves
United States
2004/03/22, 09:53 PM
My name is Dan I am 19 years old I just started school studying in liberal arts then moving onto psychology and then heading off to med school! *yay*

My hobbies include
Bodybuilding
weightlifting
Boxing
Playing video games
Traveling

Thats really about it!
goldengloves
goldengloves
United States
2004/03/22, 09:54 PM
ohh yeah im a huge 70/80's buff and I am huge fans of michael jackson and prince and have gold records of each artist hung on my wall!...Im a freak I know!....:)
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/22, 10:16 PM
My name is JIM and I'm a lift-aholic. I guess I've on the lift for 10 years now and I can't seem to stop. I'm sorry, I hope I didn't offend anyone in AA...
I'm JIM, from Long Island New York. Went to undergrad at beautiful New Paltz (some may have seen it on the news as the small NY town that has been marrying same sex couples:))
I have a Masters in social work from Stony Brook University and I'm a licensed therapist. I love to lift. I was a competative power lifter for a few years. I deadlifted 635, benched 445, and squated 585 clean. Those were the days.:(. I am now a competative bodybuilder, training for my next show in August in NYC. I live and die for sports and I live with my girlfriend (Jlynch63 to you FT people). I'm a huge advocate for civil rights as well.
jsom85
jsom85
United States
2004/03/23, 12:33 AM
my name is JIM as well, from New Jersey. i currently attend Rutgers University with a major in psychology with hopes of one day...ironically enough from jdelts besides having the same name...to get my masters and become a licensed therapist as well. i love to lift, have been for about 4 years now, and just getting into serious strength training and loving it. i also love to play golf too, holding a 6 handicap. maybe this summer i can get it down to a 5. that would be nice.

also a beach nut...i pretty much go anytime i can, day or night. i just find it to be the most relaxing thing i can do. espcially at night when you find that one spot of uncommercialized shore and just lay back, listen to the ocean waves and stare at the stars. its like you escaped the world if just for a few hours. it dosn't get more relaxing than that.

--------------
Get your weight up, kid
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/03/23, 07:44 AM
My name is Hector and I was born and raised in Philadelphia. I joined the Marine Corps in 94 at the tender age of 17. I love to be healthy more so than lifting. I will probably be getting out of the Corps in 2006 as my wife has started a business which we anticipate will be very succesful. Once I get out I will either go back to school or become a personal trainer.

Like JDELTS I am a big time sports nut. I also like proffesional wrestling. I love to golf also but I do not have a 6 handicap more like 26 but I digress. I also just realized that I am in the under 25 thread and I am 27. Please do not ban me.

--------------
My gym dues are not paid with money.
Kyrah
Kyrah
United States
2004/03/23, 11:03 AM
LOL I think we can forgive ya Hec!

--------------
Love me as I am . . .
Let me worry about how I look!
csferrie
csferrie
Canada
2004/03/23, 11:06 AM
Hola! Me llamo Chris. Tengo 22 años. I am a 3rd year Mathematical Physics student at the University of Waterloo in Ontario. Wherever Spanish is spoken, it is warm, so I'm trying to learn. I'd like to live there when I'm done my undergraduate. I wouldn't mind if I never saw snow again.

When I'm not studying or shovelling snow, I enjoy playing guitar and soccer. I love soccer and could play it all day. I'd go play it right now, but oh look its snowing again. 4 seasons my ass. In Canada we have have 3 warm months, a month of fall, 4 days of spring, and over a half a year of bitter cold winter. Wow, maybe it's just me that's bitter. I'll try this again when the sun comes out next month.
newbreed
newbreed
United States
2004/03/23, 01:04 PM
Howdy, my name is Brogie, I am 25 years old. I am a former athletic trainer from Blacksburg, Va. Been lifting hardcore for about 2.5 years now. Got my B.S. in HNFE(human nutrition foods and exercise. Recently just recertified as a personal trainer. Currently a faculty member of the university, getting ready to make the big move to San Diego, California. going back to school for sports medicine, wanting to get on a college or sports team, the giants would be the ultimate. Preparing for some local competitions, looking forward to showing my hard work off, owe everything I have accomplished to this site. When I graduated I was a smoker, bad eater, on the ganja, and didn't care about my health. I was a walking contradiction in my major. Now in the best shape of my life, bf% is 6.9 and dropping. Goal is to be as defined and as healthy as jdelts and bb1! Other than working 50-60 hrs week, put in 2 hours everyday at the gym. Other than that I am at home hanging with the girlfriend, learning new healthier things to eat and watching the WWE. Hec, I played high school ball with Billy Wagner, former AStro now a Phillie, wathc out for tha kid man, big things coming his way. Nice to meet all of you again for some. Look forward to learning from all of you. Peace!

newbreed
"Work Hard, Play Hard, TRAIN HARDER"
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2004/03/23, 02:26 PM
Hey everyone. My name is Matt and I am 22 years old. I am from Livonia, MI. For the past year I have been a personal trainer and I am having a great time doing it. I am attending college and am just about finished with my AD. I have been training for about 4 years, and real serious for the past 2. I am going into law enforcement, following in the family footsteps(dad and brother are police officers) Training and eating healthy is my way of life and I wouldn't want it any other way. I also LOVE my music. Anything real heavy(Hatebreed) or anything classical(Bach), great stuff.
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/23, 11:15 PM
See you at Seaside Heights or Wildwood this summer man! Be ready for the beach and represent FT.com.

============
Quoting from jsom85:

my name is JIM as well, from New Jersey. i currently attend Rutgers University with a major in psychology with hopes of one day...ironically enough from jdelts besides having the same name...to get my masters and become a licensed therapist as well. i love to lift, have been for about 4 years now, and just getting into serious strength training and loving it. i also love to play golf too, holding a 6 handicap. maybe this summer i can get it down to a 5. that would be nice.

also a beach nut...i pretty much go anytime i can, day or night. i just find it to be the most relaxing thing i can do. espcially at night when you find that one spot of uncommercialized shore and just lay back, listen to the ocean waves and stare at the stars. its like you escaped the world if just for a few hours. it dosn't get more relaxing than that.

=============
jsom85
jsom85
United States
2004/03/23, 11:32 PM
jdelts, go a lil more south on the seaside island and go to the seaside park beach at night...its like a 180 from seaside heights. thats where i always go, and belmar beach for during the day. seaside heights is cool for the boardwalk

--------------
Get your weight up, kid
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/24, 12:24 AM
It smells bad at the heights, but I like the zeppolis and the worlds largest pizza slices. Belmar is a good time as well. Seaside is where I went when I was younger...for a younger crowd, but every once in a while I go back there.

--------------
Baseball is wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk.

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
jsom85
jsom85
United States
2004/03/24, 09:31 AM
yeah....3 Brothers Pizza is where its at. gotta love the massive slices of pizza

--------------
Get your weight up, kid
newbreed
newbreed
United States
2004/03/24, 11:43 AM
Pizza, UUUUUUUUUUUM! Big Juicy Slice of Pizza. Homer Likes! LOL.

newbreed
skeys
skeys
United States
2004/04/06, 01:21 PM
Hi I am Shawna. I am 23. I live in Lubbock Texas and go to Texas Tech Health Sciences Center as a Physical Therapy Major. I have a serious boyfrined if 5 years and we are waiting to get married until we graduate. My hobbies include working on cars (yes CARS I know it is a guy thing but I love it), playing tennis, running and school. My goal is to get fit and tone and stay that way. Being a physical therapist you need to be in good shape so that you can help your patients do their exercises, if you can lift thier leg you can't help them. My only job right now is selling Mary Kay. It is all that I have time for with school.

Hey Tex are you going to go to med school at Tech? TTUHSC is great I really like it a lot.

Everyone good luck with your Goals! :big_smile:
goodoldtex
goodoldtex
United States
2004/04/06, 03:16 PM
Yeah, once i finish college i'll definitely be looking into all the medschools in the texas area...well i mean i'll be looking and applying before i finish college, but i'll be going to one in the texas area
big_j_scf
big_j_scf
United States
2004/04/06, 04:17 PM
Hey, My name is Jason. I am 20 years old, and have been lifting since I was 14. I started out because of football, and I still play football at a small college in wisconsin (UW-Platteville) I love playing football, but I love weightlifting and bodybuilding more. I hate the football offseason program here. The strength coach is a former player here, who is 24 and grossly out of shape(and not in a big and strong way, more in a small and chubby way). It will probably take a month of training on my own to get as strong as I was when I came to school in august because their program is so aweful I have actually lost strength.

I was originally an engineering major, but after a year of that, I realized it wasn't what I really wanted to do. I just couldn't put my heart into it, So I took the less financially stable route and became a phy ed/health major. I won't make much money, but I know I will love my job for the rest of my life.
Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/04/08, 01:58 PM
Hello, my name is Gerald, I am 23. I have a wide interest in both the scientific and medical feilds (primarly anything that deals with relativity physics in sceince). At this time I'm in the delayed entry program for the PA national gaurd, I go to basics sep. 17. After my training I'm thinking of either 1. going active Army and tryin to join the Rangers or Berrets, or 2. Stayin PA gaurd and going to Mansfield college for sports medicine and seeing about becoming a personal trainer (or a sports trainer for football would be nice). Right now I am training hard to get back into shape for both myself and the Army. I enjoy lifting and sometime in the future would like to go full time body building and possibly competing. I like to watch football, and am a big fan of the SF 49er's. FT. is a driving inspiration from the people to accomplish what I want, and is what I turn to if I'm feeling discouraged or just to relax and pass the time (that is if I've already done all my Cardio and workout for the day).

--------------
A determined mind is the best weapon in any situation, a strong body is the road to victory. G.R.C.
ChickaboomGURL
ChickaboomGURL
Canada
2004/04/11, 01:08 PM
Heya :) I'm Jenna, and I'm 15. My friends and family have told me I'm the biggest fitness/healthy freak. lol I lift weights :dumbbell: 2-3x/week, do cardio daily, dance 3 hours/week and do martial arts 4hours/week. I'm pretty fit and constantly on-the-go -- just the way i like it.

I love coming here and doing "research" on fitness.
benching
benching
United States
2004/04/11, 02:04 PM
yo im 15 yrs old and just started weight training 3 months ago. been doing cross country for about a year . plan to worout for atleast 8 more years seriously. live in miami, florida
AmandaK
AmandaK
United States
2004/04/11, 11:22 PM
My name is Amanda I am 20 y.o. I have a 2 year old son, I've been with my S.O. for 5 years next month. During my pregnacy I gained over 100 lbs and was sick of trying to lose it on my own when i bumped into ft. I never learned to drive and my favorite color is pink. I would like to own my own health food store some day. My man teaches martial arts but i am clumsy and have long given up on trying to learn. ~Amanda
Nothing_Serious
Nothing_Serious
United States
2004/04/12, 02:39 AM
Name is Josh i'm 16, I live in Texas and I'm trying pretty hard to get into a healthier lifestyle. 5 years i was bigtime into Everquest/DaoC/Ultima Online.. Along with being homeschooled during those years i packed on the lbs.

Turned active and now I'm losing weight, woohoo loven FT the info is great but just reading the posts somehow give ya support and make you wanna do better. nice job.
Hellscream
Hellscream
United Kingdom
2004/04/12, 12:29 PM
The name is Marvin, Im 19yr old studying I.T at college in England. Im not sure what my plans are after college, uni perhaps or job. I recently thougth about a switch of career into something more exciting and physical such as the army or police work.

I been weight training seriously now for about just under 3 months. My ultimate goal is to put on around 40lbs of muscle which will no doubt take years..but I'll be trying my best to get there. My current hobbies are of course weights, combat sports, other sports, games, computers, girls etc etc.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/04/13, 10:01 AM
I'm a 21( turned march 23) year old college student at MTSU( Middle Tennessee State University) As you can tell in the pic, i'm a cheerleader( feel free to laugh I somtimes do myself lol) I have been a cheerleader since my sophomore year in high school( going on to my 6th year now) I got into weight training to hellp me lift adn throw around the girls, now I think I would rather concentrate on working out and maybe enter some powerlift comps one day. I have a few more years left before I do that, i'm still kinda young lol I like sports as well, since i cheer for b ball and football, beinga cheerleader i get the best sets in the house..on the side line lol
My hobbies include
chess
godzilla( have almost everything of him ) lol
drawing stuff
movies
and the computer,
and of coarse cheerleading and school. I'm changing my major back to graphic arts, but I still wanna be a certified personal trainer though. well thats enough of that....who's next?

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

LastOne
LastOne
Australia
2004/10/05, 06:18 AM
A Hoy Hoy All

First post. :big_smile:

Pardon the three page bump.

Lots of folk from the US of A (aside from hellscream in this thread).

I hail from Shid-a-knee (Sydney) in Australia and am nineteen years old male.

Just started getting in to the weight training side of things for about two months now and dig it.

Very pleased to find other like minded people on the one board.

DaniDIEt
DaniDIEt
United States
2004/10/05, 08:03 AM
My name is Dani and I live in Ohio. I just turned 29 last week but I am in denial so I am actually 25 and under.

firemansam
firemansam
Australia
2004/10/06, 07:33 AM
Gday all, im Sam and i live in Sydney Australia
I play heaps of sport; soccer, football, boxing, rugby league and union, athletics, rock climbing, bmx, motorcross, horseriding, wakeboarding, snowboarding.
I also play guitar and bass and im playing with a band who you can see around the place if your in sydney.
Im a volunteer firefighter and bushfire season is just kicking off. I love going out and partying, music and sport currently doing last exams at school then think im gonna travel.
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/10/06, 12:14 PM
im 16, and my proper name is adam, and i come from a little hair on the arse of england called wellingborough. i taught myself to play guitar, and this will hopefully get me out of school and out on tour in january. i only went back to sixth form/college because i left it too late to aply for the health and fitness and outdoor activity supervisor course that i was planning on taking.
at the moment im pretty low because school is getting really hard, and i cant be bothrered and i dont want to be there, and lots of other crap in my love life and stuff like that, so send me some jokes or stupid crap to cheer me up.
i also think that charlie may be my long lost brother, but am starting to doubt it as he is a bit older that my mum.

:(

--------------
*AIM HIGH, AND YOULL SHOOT THE STARS

*AIM LOW, AND YOULL SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT.

Adam.David.Fitch.
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/10/06, 12:37 PM
Hi Everyone!! My name is Cristal. I am 22, but will be 23 in ten days, yay!! Currently have about 70lbs to lose(would be happy with 40lbs)I am married, and have a 3 year old daughter. I enjoy reading, movies, music, animals, and I am starting to actually enjoy cardio....freakish huh?? ANywho, lookin forward to talking to all of you soon, and hope you have a great day!! :big_smile:
porphyria
porphyria
United States
2004/10/06, 04:18 PM
I'm thirteen, turning fourteen in february. I live in san diego, california. I goto RSF Elementary. I Enjoy playing guitar and playing warcraft3 and other games. I like looking at digital art. I like lifting :laugh:
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/10/06, 09:12 PM
My name is Aaron, I'm 16 years old, and I love Jesus first and foremost. I love playing the drums (set not in the band), and love basketball and working out. I originally started working out for basketball, but just became addicted to health and powerlifting, so here I am. I have learned a ton and actually feel like I help some people on here now.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt