Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Hormonal Weight Gain.

horsekisses
horsekisses
United States
2002/05/20, 10:38 AM
Anybody out there experiencing hormonal weight gain? I have gained 10# since I turned 35, 2 years ago. I have remained fairly active (although I must hit the weights again), and I eat a very healthy - mostly vegetarian diet. My doctor said my gain is due to my age (peri-menopausal symptoms?) and not to worry about it. But I am determined to get my old figure back. Any advice and/or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/21, 02:03 AM
First of all, eating vegetarien will not always mean that one eats healthy. Very often you got too much fat and carbs in the diet (and maybe you simply need to eat more proteins to boost your metabolism!!).
Secondly, you need to train.
Cardio is great to burn calories and for your heart, but cardio will never be able to really shape your body (unless you're professionnel marathon runner -and even them, they do light weight training next to their training)

Don't just take this hormonal weight gain as a fact where you cannot do anything 'cause that's not true.

You need to weight train and do some HIIT (read the article here at Freetrainers.com), eat several times daily and get more proteins.
With this, you'll see how fast your body will drop fat and change.

Good luck!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
bigbike
bigbike
United States
2002/05/22, 05:30 PM
I agree, do not take the weight gain as something that can't be avoided. As we age, our metabolism slows down. That is natural. It was once said that if you ate the same things at 40 that you did at 30 you would put on 10-15lbs in a year. That is how much the metabolism slows. The only way I know to counter this is either cut back on the calories OR increase your physical activity (IE weight train).