Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Home strength training

soccervolley
soccervolley
United States
2009/07/30, 12:58 PM
I have exactly one month until I start school again and have access to the school gym. But, I don't want to wait til then to get in shape. I know tons of different cardio stuff to do without equipment, but I keep doing the same things for strength. Pushups, lunges, bodyweight squats, dips. I have one of those IronGyms hanging on my door...but I am not strong enough to even do one pull up so I just do the reverse ones where I lower myself slowly. What other things can I do? I really want to push myself, but I'm getting tired of the same things.
MckennaWilson
MckennaWilson
New Zealand
2009/07/31, 05:20 AM
With the pullups - set a goal of how many you want to achieve. Start with like 5 or so... then for the first week do about 10 reverse ones a day. You don't have to do them all at once - just whenever you're passing. You'll slowly work your way up to one.. and then do 5 a day. You'll get up the strength real quick! Do the same with pressups and dips etc... set a goal of how many you want to do and work up to it. Burpees are also really great :)
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2009/07/31, 11:10 AM
Also most homes have TONS of stuff to use....I once used recycling bins.....take a empty one and add weight to it...I used cement pavers I had but you can use cans of food or cat litter etc.. pick it up and carry it raise it up over your head etc. Take gallon jugs and add water to it and use them as dumbells....

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
soccervolley
soccervolley
United States
2009/08/01, 04:38 PM
Thanks guys, I'll try it out...good idea with the gallon jugs.