Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Hip shape?

ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/10/02, 04:12 PM
Just out of curiosity....
I always thought the best looking female hips looked like this ( ). Now that I work out my hips have reverted back (almost) to their original shape like this ) ( ... sort of.
I've been looking at some of the bb female bodies, and many of them look like me? What I've also thought about is the way other girls look like, and I'm not sure I like the ( ) shape that much anymore. What is going on?

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there... one kg at a time...
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/10/05, 08:39 AM
Rounder, fuller hips are bodyfat and how you distribute bodyfat is genetic. If you want a lean physique, you usually will not have full hips. There are those few women, like j-lo for example, who are fairly lean but still have curvaceous hips/butt...sigh.

There really is no 'hip' muscle, pre se, your glutes wrap around a little and work to move your legs up, as in side lying leg lifts, but you can't really build 'hip' muscles to fill out your hips - that is why gymnasts has such slim/non-existant hips, same thing with female bb's. When you are mostly nuscle you don't have much hip padding left.

Be glad you don't have saddle bags and keep working out :)

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/10/08, 09:40 AM
So that's what you call saddle bags! To me it's something you use when you take long trips on a horse ;)

I do have a nice round behind, though, and I thought that's what J-Lo was famous for?

My inner image is slowly coming forward, and I like it.

--------------
Getting there... one kg at a time...