Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

hi i'm new to this site!!

bukswife
bukswife
United States
2008/11/28, 07:40 PM
here is my story..i'm a 54 year old granda who is tryingto get in shape..i struggle with fibromyalgia 24/7..my exercising is limited too walking on the treadmill ( itry to do at least 1 1/2 to 2 miles in 45 minutes..or i work out on my gazelle..i do 30 - 45 minutes following an instructional video..now here is the problem...i beleive i have a torn or stretch tendon or possible torn muscle in my upper right arm..my arms are usually a source of pain anyway but what i'm experencing is excruting pain..if i move my arm the wrong way..the pain is not in my should..its my upper arm..i already went to my PCP and did an shoulder xray which was neg..i'm now heading to a ortho doc next friday..is it possible durng what i condsider a rigious workout on the gazelle that i pulled something or torn something?? or is this all my fibro sighhhhh..there is a portion of my exercise on the machine where all of my weight if pushed forward leaning on my arms..or i'm leaning back pulling back ...(i hope this all makes sense) if it doesnt just sense it up to a senior moment..

thanks for the help
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/12/04, 08:31 AM
see the dr. we can't possibly diagnose online. with fibro it ishard to know what is going on. sounds like tissue damage...again, can't possibly tell online.

Strength training really improved my 70 year old mother's fibro, as well as doing cardio and daily yoga. of course, you will have to wait until you have resolved this upper arm issue, but consider starting some light resistance training.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield