Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

hernia in groins

big_ashish
big_ashish
India
2006/07/08, 11:43 AM
mates, i have hernia in my groins. i was noticing it for long time but when i shared it with family and doctor they confirmed that it's hernia and doctor adviced me not to go to the gym anymore and he says that surgery is the only way out. and you know guys life's not easy without training. so wat to do. are there any excersises that i can do may be with light weights although i would not like to pick up light weights. or should i get operated. will i be normal after the surgery and will be lifting heavy weights without doing any harm to my body. pls help. only experienced professinals advice lease.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2006/07/08, 04:52 PM
try this link, it might be informative for you:

http://www.hattiesburgclinic.com/front/advisor/sma/sma_aghernia_crs.htm

--------------
Bettia.... You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
-Mark Twain

ravenbeauty@freetrainers.com

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2006/07/10, 11:51 AM
In response to your Instant Message, it is common sense after any type of surgery and your doctor will say so, to lay off heavy weightlifting until you are healed. ofcourse this is not what you want to hear, but it is what it is. Follow that site I sent you and read it thoroughly, it has many exercises to help recover that area.

Let us know how everything works out, good luck.

--------------
Bettia.... You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
-Mark Twain

ravenbeauty@freetrainers.com

dnold
dnold
United States
2006/07/15, 05:09 PM
I am going for hernia surgery july 24. My doctor said nothing over 50lbs for the first week then start working up in the next two weeks. He said go to exercising normally when I feel
that it feels okay when I put pressure on my abdomin. I guess I will find out shortly!