Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

HELP..Advice?? Suggestions

mrsstudioe
mrsstudioe
United States
2007/11/12, 11:47 AM
Hi there.. I am in such a situation that I'm frustrated beyond belief. I've tried to loose weight all my life, I've succeeded once or twice doing the atkins diet (deprevation:angry:) not worth it. I want to do it the healthy and right way. I have injuries that make it difficult for me to work out. Severe back problems, dislocated shoulder that should have had surgery never did. Knees that crack when I bend that is painful. Walking bores me I have an eliptical machine now and I'm out of breath in 7 min but that's as far as I seem to get. The food, most of the time I eat one meal a day just because I'm busy and that's what I remember to do or my stomach starts talking to me. It seems that eating healthy food costs money and is expensive. We aren't financially able to buy the special foods I need and then the normal stuff. Any suggestions how to start out here?? I need to loose 100lbs I'm toying with the lapband surgery idea right now to be honest. I've been on prescribed diet pills but I'm just so tired of the yo yo effect it's not even funny anymore.... Have a blessed day.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/11/12, 03:56 PM
Oatmeal, peanut butter, chicken in bulk packages, eggs aren't too expensive, rice, black beans, etc.

Eating healthy can actually be cheaper if done right. You have to make yourself eat more than 1 time per day. Your metabolism has pretty much stopped and until you fix your eating habits then you will not lose the weight.

Fix the eating first and foremost. Eat more often, drink more water. Fix that first and then worry about the exercise.