Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Help with Glutes

Sgovernali
Sgovernali
United States
2008/07/08, 10:35 PM
Hi, I've been working out with weights since Feb and following the great advice of those on this site. I've dropped two sizes and transformed my body to something it's never been before. Yes, I'm thrilled. EXCEPT, I've been focusing on my butt for about 6 weeks with squats, lunges and deadlifts and I just don't see a difference yet. I'm mostly concerned that I no longer feel sore in the days following the workouts. Should I? Any tips advice? How long should that transformation take?
Thanks!
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/07/10, 11:39 AM
It'll be tough to develop the muscles in your glutes without gaining weight. 6 weeks isn't a long time to gain muscle, especially when you have been losing weight.

It also sounds like you are getting used to what you are doing. Take a few days off from training your legs, and when you come back try training them differently (different exercise order, reps, number of sets, etc). Sometimes training more frequently but cutting back on volume can be a great stimulus for growth, and even doing the opposite.

Just stick to the deep squats, lunges, and deadlifts. Also, as far as the glutes are concerned, the greater the range of motion the more they are involved. Studies have also shown that single leg variations involve the glutes more, since they act as an external rotator for your hips.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk