Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Help with a pain

rambo78
rambo78
United States
2008/07/30, 03:33 AM
I having been working regularly since several years.

As of now I do cardio exercise and weight training alternate days.

Whenever I walk on the treadmill after around the 8th minute I feel extreme pain on my legs and I am not able to continue. The pain is at the opossite part of the calf area.

I am pretty strong guy and I only get this pain while doing treadmill and the pain vanishes after a few minutes after I stop. I have been noticing this since several months now.

Does anybody has any idea why this is happening?
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/07/30, 09:40 AM
Probably shin splints. Do a search at the bottom, there have been some good responses to how to deal with them.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/07/30, 12:58 PM
or you could be getting a lot of blood in the area, which can kind of get trapped, causing pain, which dissapates when you stop and the muscles 'umpump' and relax...but you may want to read up on shin splints, too. I have similar issues sometimes and what i have found is if i warm-up for 5-10 minutes on something non-impact like thelliptical or bike, then my shins don't flare up on the treadmill.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach