Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

help!!!

tamedtiger
tamedtiger
Canada
2003/04/30, 04:40 PM
Hello everyone! I am pretty new here at FT, i just started about a week ago and i need some help! I am 5'6 and almost 146 lbs and i could afford to lose some weight. I am hoping to get down to the 130 range by sometime in the summer. I have no trouble motivating myself to do my FT workouts along with rollerblading with my friends or walking my dog but i am having alot of trouble staying in my nutrition levels. I am a very picky eater and anything that tastes good to me is unhealthy. I am always hungry and looking for little snacks and i end up caving in and eating something really high in fat. I've started little things such as changing my brownie in for a banana at lunch but i just cant seem to get much further! if anyone can give me advice on some yummy foods that are healthy too please i would greatly appreciate your help. thanx!

--------------
;) *car*
drio
drio
United States
2003/05/01, 01:18 PM
I don't think there's any "magic" food out there that you'll find as satisfying as a brownie, yet is still good for you. The answer really lies in changing how you appriciate food. I used to consume tons of junk food all the time. I got onto this health kick about 2 years ago.. and over time, my tastes have changed quite a bit. Sure I still get a craving for junk food once in a while.. but I started thinking about food as FUEL.. and building blocks for my body. Not as a craving quencher. Well.. actually.. I do give into my cravings.. but now my body seems to crave healthier foods. After a workout.. I love nothing more than a big bowl of peanuts and a big glass of water. (still in shell and non salted of course) My body now seeks out the protein of a peanut.. rather than the yummy taste of an Oreo. =) Note: If you're trying to lose weight I don't necessarily advise peanuts.. but I'm on more of a bulking up stage now after losing almost too much weight.

I also sip on shakes almost all day long. I personally use Myoplex.. you may want to consider the "Lite" version if you'd like to slim down. They make some delightful chocolate flavors. =) But even those take some getting accustomed to. I honestly love them now. (aquired taste I suppose)

I'm still relativly new to all this and don't pretend to be a whiz on the subject.. just sharing my own experiences. Good luck and stick with it!

--------------
\"Don\'t Wait! Procrastinate NOW!\" =)
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/05/01, 01:33 PM
Drio got it right, try to look at food FOR your body and not for YOU or your mind..... Think about shaping a beautiful body and give it all the needed nutrition and vitamins to reach that goal.
Cravings for junk food will not give you anything but a bloated tummy, water retention and more unhealthy fat.
Simply as that.
Now it's your choice.
Good thing to exercise (nice start) now don't worry, the rest will come along as well. Good luck to you!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
tamedtiger
tamedtiger
Canada
2003/05/01, 08:59 PM
thankyou soo much! :) .... ive actually found a pretty easy way to keep inside of my guides keeping what youve both said in mind.... i eat a low fat breakfast(like a plain bagel), a low fat lunch (like a lowfat scoobydoo fruit snacks, my banana, and a spinach and strawberry salad) and by supper i dont have to worry too much about fats and calories, as long as i eat sensibly. That way by supper i can enjoy some tasty foods knowing that ive stuck to my guides for the day! i really want to thankyou for helping me thou...i m going to put that into perspective now! :)

--------------
;) *car*
drio
drio
United States
2003/05/02, 12:19 PM
Just a word of warning tamedtiger.. you're on the right track.. but keep in mind that if you are planning on eating some fattier foods as a treat in the evening.. that's the worst time to eat such foods. It's best to have that "treat" earlier in the day.. and give your body a chance to burn it off during the day. If you eat that stuff in the evening.. your body doesn't get the chance to burn it off and it's.. well.. stored. Good luck and keep it up!

--------------
Dont wait! Procrastinate NOW! =)