Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

He did laundry.

Mel4Short
Mel4Short
United States
2007/09/10, 11:27 AM
All my comfy clothes? shrunk.

You know that favorite pair of shorts and t-shirt that you love to wear when you are working out, cleaning house or just plain ?bumming it at home?? Come on, you know the ones, the ones that are so comfy you don?t know what to wear if they aren?t available?

Well, now I have to lose inches if I want to wear my favorite ?comfy clothes? again!!

Of course I don?t dare say anything to him. He may never do laundry again!!!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/09/10, 11:59 AM
LOL! Awwhhh, he get's an A for effort though right? Just look at is as another motivator to get where YOU want to be. :)

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
Mel4Short
Mel4Short
United States
2007/09/10, 09:27 PM
Yup, A for effort. Actually aftersaying, "Oh no" my first thought was, "There's my sign... stay dedicated." LOL

Just go to show motivation can come in several forms. :)
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/09/11, 11:40 AM
Yes, but you still have to guide him. We aren't born knowing this stuff.

I'm lucky in that I was trained young... I can unload a dishwasher, open jars, AND I leave the seat down...

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
Mel4Short
Mel4Short
United States
2007/09/11, 11:47 AM
OMG!! Unload the dishwasher?! So that means you KNOW where the dishes are in the kitchen? Wow!

I have 3 older brothers, so I learned early to check the seat before sitting!! :)

He does open jars though. Very nicely too, I might add. :)
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/09/11, 11:48 AM
So does that mean that we were born knowing that stuff, Steve? lol! :)

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
2007/09/11, 12:19 PM
Yes?

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/09/11, 12:29 PM
Well I happen to know a few men who can handle themselves pretty damn good around the house, my son included....guess it is all about mama. :)

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
Mel4Short
Mel4Short
United States
2007/09/11, 02:55 PM
Yup... The responsibilities never end... My sons can cook, do laundry, put the seat down, rub my back, and brush my hair. Although that last one could be painful! :)
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2007/09/11, 03:04 PM
Guess I am lucky... mine cooks, does luandry, cleans the kitchen (daily) and even brings me coffee in bed.

All my kids did their own laundry by age 10! I am their mom not their maid.

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
2007/09/11, 03:12 PM
In my home I maintain 2-454 engines,2-velvet drive transmissions, a 7.5 kw generator, 4 bilge pumps, 3 air conditioners,7 sea valves, hand wash all the dishes, do clothes in the laundromat, try to keep the forces of wind and sea from destroying us, scrub bird poop and keep our holding and fuel tanks empty and full respectively. Sounds like I need some kids. :big_smile:

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2007/09/11, 03:43 PM

============
Quoting from charlie826:

In my home I maintain 2-454 engines,2-velvet drive transmissions, a 7.5 kw generator, 4 bilge pumps, 3 air conditioners,7 sea valves, hand wash all the dishes, do clothes in the laundromat, try to keep the forces of wind and sea from destroying us, scrub bird poop and keep our holding and fuel tanks empty and full respectively. Sounds like I need some kids. :big_smile:

=============
I will round a few up from the neighborhood. Which marina are ya in? I'll drop em off this weekend.

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
2007/09/11, 04:49 PM
Thanks GG, I'll IM you the marina. I can feed them ok but we only have a 12 gallon water heater. Do I have to keep them clean?

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/09/11, 07:00 PM

============
Quoting from charlie826:

Do I have to keep them clean?

=============

Nah, they'll get clean while scrubbing barnacles.

--------------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Rabula Tasa- Latin meaning Clean Slate
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2007/09/11, 08:43 PM
Clean? Good lord hun... you know the old boating/camping trick...Baby shampoo and a quick jump in the river. You may want to tie their hands together and just dip them.. incase they decide to swim out of servitude.

--------------
2007/09/11, 08:57 PM
salt water and soap don't work. But if I can return them filthy, send 'em on.

Bill, a boat must move about once a week to avoid barnacles. But there are plenty of tight spots in the engine room where kids would come in handy.

As to laundry Mel, you're lucky the pants and shirt didn't change from white to pink as well as just shrinking. I've personally re-colored many of my wife's things.

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
Mel4Short
Mel4Short
United States
2007/09/11, 09:09 PM
Charlie that is very true!! I am indeed lucky on that point as the shorts are still white.

And I know a couple boys who would love to help you on your cleaning adventures and if they don't HAVE to take showers that's a plus! They are skinny and tall with long arms too...great for all those hard to get areas! :)
2007/09/11, 09:19 PM
Well allrighty then. Maybe I should open a kind of summer/indentured servant camp. How much would you guys pay for me to teach the glories and rewards of mindless hard work to these tiny candidates? I guess I should tell you to send them with oversized white cloths only. They'll fit soon and stay the same color.

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
Mel4Short
Mel4Short
United States
2007/09/11, 09:27 PM
What?!! We have to pay you? We will be the ones sacrificing. Who will rub my back and brush my hair?
2007/09/11, 09:30 PM
I'll send you Tripod, the 3 legged dock dog. he's very teachable but can't stand up on the boat.

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
Mel4Short
Mel4Short
United States
2007/09/11, 09:37 PM
LOL!! Don't really know if I want my hair nurished with dog slobber... I'll think about it. :)
thepoohguy
thepoohguy
United States
2007/09/12, 12:52 PM
My wife and I have the best arrangement. When I cook, she cleans up, and when she cooks, she cleans up.

All joking aside, I also was trained young. By 14, I cooked all of the meals at home every night. I would go grocery shopping with my parents and plan all of the meals. I also did the laundry for me and my parents.

As for the dishwasher, I hate dirty dishes, so I usually empty and my wife loads it. I do all the laundry, but my wife does fold and put away.

I know what you're thinking, why don't you fold and put away. Well, I got married for a reason, duh!
Mel4Short
Mel4Short
United States
2007/09/12, 12:56 PM
If you don't fold and put away, you don't truly do laundry!!

That's like saying you baked the cake when all you did was frost it! :laugh:

But, sounds like you two have it all figured out. That's the way I think it should be. Working together. Yay Pooh and Mrs. Pooh!!:love:
2007/09/12, 01:06 PM
Advanced cloths folding is vital on a boat. You have to fit 4 seasons of cloths for two people including foul weather gear into 3 cubic feet of locker.

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
thepoohguy
thepoohguy
United States
2007/09/12, 01:07 PM
Okay, well I do take it down two flights of stairs and carry the clean up two flights of stairs, so to me, that's doing the laundry.

Unless doing the laundry is a euphamism, in which case I try to "do the laundry" as much as possible.:big_smile:
Mel4Short
Mel4Short
United States
2007/09/12, 01:11 PM
Hey, didn't know about the stair thing... Been there, done that, only for a week though!! After going down the stairs, bending to get the clothes out of the dryer and up the stairs with the loaded basket, who wants to stand/sit there and fold?! Too much effort.:laugh:
2007/09/12, 01:25 PM
Our laundromat is a half mile up the dock. Laundry day is also aerobic day.

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie