Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Have COPD but still want to lose lbs

grannygail54
grannygail54
United States
2008/09/17, 10:19 PM
Hey all I am new. I am 54 yrs old and weigh 137 and feel like it is all in the middle..I have COPD and on several medication daily. I still go to the gym and exercise daily but need to find the right equipment to workout on.Not sure if I use the right ones. The trendmill is the first I use. Walking a 1.5 mile in 3.5 rate and then do 15 to 20 situps and 15 leg presses and then then the bicycle for 10 minutes or so. but nothing seems to be working. I do not eat much..somedays not anything..but try to eat a small amount fruit..crackers and peanuts several times a day. advice as what to do..thank you
Gail
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/18, 07:16 AM
Your diet is probably what is holding you back. Themedications you are on may also have some effect on your ability to workout and on your metabolism.

With COPD I think you would do best to find a qualified personal trainer to help set up a program for you.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield