Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

good diet?

jnellie
jnellie
United States
2002/03/22, 08:13 PM
IS THIS A GOOD DIET I AM TRYING TO LOSE BODY FAT

BREAKFAST...BOWL OF SPECIAL K 1cup banana

lunch.....tuna fish sandwhich salad no fat dressing 1 package melba toast apple orange bowl of soup

dinner chicken breast vegtable potatoe
snack is usuall pretzels at nite

thanks...........
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/03/23, 02:06 AM
Hmmm I'm afraid to say no that it's NOT a genius diet. Why? not enough proteins and not eating enough.
You should eat at least 5 times daily.
Eat some oats with egg whites (and an orange or apple) in the mornings. Keep the banana with a protein shake just after work out.
Pretzels at nights? Hmmmm change it with another good protein shake (before bed time) and maybe a few almonds or nuts.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/03/23, 02:09 AM
Are you eating anything else in between? Are you eating only 3 meals per day? What about protein drinks...taking any of those?

Just because you're trying to lose weight, that doesn't mean you should only eat 3 meals a day. You should eat 5-6 meals a day and incorporate some meal replacements/protein drinks. Otherwise, you're forcing your body to "starve" in between meals (there's 6-8 hours in between lunch and dinner). When your body does not get properly nourished, it goes after your muscle for energy! Keep your protein intake high...it doesn't look like you're getting enough from what you have listed.

Hope this helps...

--------------
**_Robert_**
jnellie
jnellie
United States
2002/03/23, 09:24 AM
i drink extreme protein in the morning what sre good protein shakes to make?
jnellie
jnellie
United States
2002/03/23, 07:25 PM
NO I DO NOT EAT ANYTHING ELSE BUT WILL TRY TO EAT 5 MEALS A FOR PROTEIN DRINKS IDAY BUT I AM TRYING TO LOSE BODY FAT I HAVE LOST 20 POUNDS SINCE JAN AND WANT TO GET MY BODY FAT TO AROUND 12 PERCENT RIGHT NOW IT IS 20 PERCENT WILL I STILL ATTAIN THIS GOAL BY EATING 5 MEALS A DAY? FOR PROTEIN DRINKS I USE EXTREME PROTEIN WITH MILK TWICE A DAY I THINK I AM GOING TO SWITCH OVER TO WHEY PROTEIN.

============
Quoting from rpacheco:

Are you eating anything else in between? Are you eating only 3 meals per day? What about protein drinks...taking any of those?

Just because you're trying to lose weight, that doesn't mean you should only eat 3 meals a day. You should eat 5-6 meals a day and incorporate some meal replacements/protein drinks. Otherwise, you're forcing your body to "starve" in between meals (there's 6-8 hours in between lunch and dinner). When your body does not get properly nourished, it goes after your muscle for energy! Keep your protein intake high...it doesn't look like you're getting enough from what you have listed.

Hope this helps...

=============
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/03/23, 07:38 PM
Yes, you can still lose weight by eating 5-6 small meals per day. All you are doing is really spreading your meals more evenly throughout the day. This allows your body to maximize its consumption of the nutrients necessary to maintain your muscle mass while losing weight. Keep your protein intake high (yes, continue with the protein shakes), but lower your overall calorie intake. You may have to experiment a little with total calorie consumption.

Losing 20 pounds in 2 months is great! Keep that up. Just make sure you don't starve your body. Remember, if your body needs energy and can't find it in foods, it will go after your muscle!

============
Quoting from JNELLIE:

NO I DO NOT EAT ANYTHING ELSE BUT WILL TRY TO EAT 5 MEALS A FOR PROTEIN DRINKS IDAY BUT I AM TRYING TO LOSE BODY FAT I HAVE LOST 20 POUNDS SINCE JAN AND WANT TO GET MY BODY FAT TO AROUND 12 PERCENT RIGHT NOW IT IS 20 PERCENT WILL I STILL ATTAIN THIS GOAL BY EATING 5 MEALS A DAY? FOR PROTEIN DRINKS I USE EXTREME PROTEIN WITH MILK TWICE A DAY I THINK I AM GOING TO SWITCH OVER TO WHEY PROTEIN.

=============

--------------
**_Robert_**