Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 377, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Full Body Workout

Jac48
Jac48
United States
2018/03/26, 10:04 AM
So I started a full body workout which I'm doing 3 day's a week.  Looks something like;

Barbell Flat Bench  4x
Barbell Bent Over Row 4x
Seated Overhead Press 4x
Squats 4x
Calf Raises 4x
Crunches 4x
Standing Barbell Curl 2x
Standing Tricep Extension 2x

Am I missing anything obvious??  I know no dead's right now but other than Deadlifts any exercises anyone would change up or get rid of?
Jac48
Jac48
United States
2018/04/03, 10:24 AM
So to build on this, I have already mixed things up a bit.  I started off biting off a bit more than I could chew...not in the exercise quantity, but in the weight dept.  Need to take it slower!!

My first day back at the gym and I figured I was going to do squats and just put 95 on the bar, felt good and increased it to 115 and by the end of that set my knee was hurting really bad.  I tried a 3rd set but couldn't get in more than 1 rep as my knee was killing.

It actually hurt all day, not walking on it but if I was sitting and attempting to get up from say a chair it would really hurt.  So I decided to do the leg press machine next time and get my muscles and ligaments and joints used to pushing weights again.  Knee still hurt and it still does, so I'm taking this week fully off of legs other than calves.  I figure I'll hit legs next Monday lightly with machines and build up some weight so I can work my way back into squats.

That all being said I think I'm going to start moving into an upper/lower split.  Still figuring out the exact routine and exercises I want to incorporate but the time spent at the gym these last 2 weeks have been great and a real motivator.  My eating hasn't been so clean, I'm passing up so much junk and processed foods where in the past I would gorge myself.