Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Football season coming soon

acidrain27
acidrain27
United States
2007/01/12, 11:36 PM
I'm 15 and played Defensive End last year third string which is the furthest from what i wanted. All in all i could blame it on alot of things but the bottom line is i wasn't strong enough and i wasn't fit enough. I weigh 145 and dont have too much muscle I want to improve my stamina, speed, arm strength, and my over all size. I'm 6 foot with a 31inch waist and want to play strong safety. So i need quick bursts of speed any tips or dieting suggestions would be helpful, thanks. I just found this site and its very helpful :dumbbell:
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2007/01/13, 01:23 AM
Acidrain, keep an eye in the powerlifting and strength training thread - we do alot of discussions on sport specific strength and conditioning.

Good luck...

--------------
Michael

Those who think they know everything, annoy those of us who really do.
lphitter47
lphitter47
United States
2007/01/27, 10:47 PM
Ok wut i would advise is to also work on ure chest and back. You have to have a stable athletic position and the secret to that is strong legs and core. Also to get seperation from the linemen you need to lock and push him away, this would be alot easier with strong chest. For tackling I find it helpful to do power cleans. this help recreate rolling your hips through a ball carrier. Powerlifting=football success.