Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Foot joint pain

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/07/15, 07:10 AM
Here is a question for you all. Since I was a child I have experience intense pain in the ankle and big toe joints of my left foot. The right gets it to a lesser degree. I went to the Doc they say it is a form of gout. They can give me pills to take that might help out. the thing is that, I do not like to take anythig at all. I take asprin or advil for soreness but that is it. I do not usually get sick at all. So if anyof ya out there know something to help please right back. I have the pain again(it comes on over night), this means that soon I will not be able to walk for a few days so n lifting or cardio.
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/07/19, 10:57 AM
Hi Mutt that really sucks I have neverhad this myself but a good friend did and like you hated taking pills so he did some research found aout every thing he could aboutr gout it turns out that by controlling certain acid levels he was able to almost eliminate his problem. I took about 4 months of making sure he reduced specific acids in his food intake but it worked for him. Hope that gives you an alternative idea to meds. Good luck.

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/07/19, 11:17 AM
It does since I have started here my diet has cleaned up a lot, and as a result the pain that flares up at times has been less than before. I know that rich foods helps to cause it so I cut them out and drink a lot of h20
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/07/19, 04:53 PM
H20 is the answer for a lot of things I have found. Good luck I see guys at work with gout and they are dam near disabled, it was really noticable during the ice storm of 1998. I work for an electric Utilities. But a lot of guys were not eating properly including me I supose. but 11 days straight with about average 4 hrs sleep a day will make you nuts.

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.