Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Fitness Ball

gwindalyn
gwindalyn
United States
2003/02/22, 10:13 PM
Since I do not have the option to go to the gym, and I do not really have the funds to buy equipment, I purchased a Fitness Ball on the recommendation of a friend. The ball came with a "sample" video that shows a few exercises and then advertisements to buy the full videos. Does anyone know of where I can get instructions (preferrably with pictures so I know I'm doing it right) for exercises using a fitness ball?

Also, any feedback on how well these work would be great also. I also got my hands on the Tae Bo beginners tape. How effective is this?

What other exercises can I do at home with no weights or equipment when it is too cold to be outside? And how much exercise should I be doing each week based on my profile? I do not want to overdo it and injure myself, but I want results. Any advice at all is welcome.

I'm open to trying ANYTHING that I can afford and get access to.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/02/23, 02:19 AM
Hello there and welcome to the world of us active people!! (o;
First of all, listen to your body!! You can exercice all you want as long as you don't ache too much all over or feel tired, exhausted etc
The total amount of exercicing for each person is very personal so we can never tell you exactly how much it is for you.
Now about the fitness ball, we've had some good letters in here about this subject. Try to do a search.
Tea Bo is great, not a problem.

Finally, why not try one of FT's home work out routines?

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.