Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

exercising getting harder

indostog
indostog
United States
2008/09/18, 03:00 PM
Hi, I'm a 22 year old male. I started exercising about three months ago consistently and intensely. Everything was going fine until the last few weeks. I have can't lift the same amount of weight on some exercises as I last month and it is substantially harder to go jogging. I am doing much less exercise than last month. Today for instance it felt difficult to walk for a mile in a half where I used to run it. What is going on? I got a physical and everything came out fine. Has this happened to anyone how do I overcome this? Its incredibly frustrating and disheartening.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/21, 07:48 PM
Maybe your body needs a breather - take a week off, only do recreational things you enjoy and then hit the gym again.. we need a break every few months to come back fresh.

jogging sucks, IMO, hard on the joints. Either do sprint intervals (which can be very high impact as well if you are not ready for it)or cardio on equipment like the elliptical or bike that is non-impacting to your joints until you are fitter and can run.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield