Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Excellent Powerlifting articles......

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/05/31, 01:03 PM
I was playing around on Univeral Nutrition's website and found that they had a magazine called "Universal Matters". You can order a hardcopy, or they have the entire thing online. Go to the following website:

www.universalnutrition.com

On the left side of the screen (you'll have to scroll down a bit), you will see where it says Universal Matters. Click on the issue and look for the powerlifting article:

Volume 3-3: "A matter of Strength"
Volume 3-4: "True Confessions of A Powerlifter"
Volume 4-1: "Power Plyometrics"
Volume 4-3: "The Three P’s of Powerlifting"
Volume 4-4: "Building A Bench Press"
Volume 5-3: "Nothin' but Power"

These articles are worth the time to read them. Check 'em out if you haven't already.

----------------------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/05/31, 01:20 PM
I too recently found these. They are wonderful articles. I printed some out to give to some office mates for motivation. If you look around in that section, there are also some excellent articles having to do with Intensity & Split Training that I particularly enjoyed.

--------------
Ischjli
"Seven days without exercise makes one weak."
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2002/05/31, 01:23 PM
i've read all of these at one time or another, and i agree - they are very good. paul vargo, who wrote a few of them, is a great natural lifter, and a really down to earth guy.

its also one of the reasons why i like universal so much: they actually aim many, if not most, of their products towards strength athletes.

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"