Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

every day training okay?

ashantieaton
ashantieaton
United Kingdom
2010/02/20, 12:30 AM
well ive been using freetrainers for ages on and off and trying to workout which way to best get to the gym.

i am not a big fan of the gym so i try to find ways to make it tolerable and the least un-enjoyable so i go. i found that if i dont go one day i tend to not go another day and it leads to me going 2-3x a week.

i found a new method and decided to shorten my workout and go every day but for only 50-75 minutes. i'm 5'10 and usually carry 175 lbs but when i started working out i was about 180 and now im 190 lbs after about 2 months of 2-3x a week working out. i realize muscle weighs more than fat and my waist is definitely smaller so im not overly concerned about this.

i carry about 2 cm more on my waist line than id like and i think this is the last hurdle to getting my six pack. so my regimen now is to work 1 muscle group from my free trainers fitness plan, along with 2 ab excercises each day, and then follow it up with a 30 minute bike where i'm at the 75% heart rate range.

i will take 1-2 days of the week to do just cardio where i do a 1 hour bike.

is this a good method to keep building my muscle but lose that tiny remnant of fat around my stomach? i'm noticing the fat is moving closer and closer to the center of my belly which i figure means i'm losing it slowly in the place where it first develops.

the hardest part i find is the nutrition guide. i can't manage to eat the limitation of 32g of fat that it stipulates. i try to eat smart but i think im closer to 50g a day with most of it monounsaturated fat (i love avocados, peanuts, olive oil).

so just wondering if a 7 day a week plan is okay like this and what people think.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2010/02/20, 01:29 AM
You need some rest time. A day or two off from weights is not a bad thing.

Also, if you've shortened your workouts to '50-75 minutes' what were they before? There is really no need for more than an hour in the gym.