Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 253, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Ever get that feeling...

rchugani31
rchugani31
United States
2002/10/18, 05:03 PM
That you just don't like how tall or big you are and want more but genetically can't do it. I get upset when I'm working out and other guys are bigger and faster, yet I may work twice as hard but my genetics fails me. How do you guys deal with that?
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/10/18, 05:14 PM
Well im my case I am overweight by a lot in some cases. I used to let it really bother me to the point I wanted to kill myself(when I was younger). I started to lift weights to try to loose some fat. The result was a great increas in my self esteem. What you have to do is realize that we are all different. Also those guys that are bigger and faster more likely than not had or have the same feelings about others as you do. What I did and still do each time I go to the gym is not compare my self to others. Yeah some might bench more than me or squat more or be thinner, but I still lift more in a deadlift or can curl more or that my biceps are far larger whatever works for me at that time/ The real trick is to learn (this took me many years to realize) weightlifting really is not a team sport. You are there for you and you alone. So in that sense make a goal one that you can reach whatever it is to bench 20 lbs more by a certain date, or if it is to gain 20 lbs in muscle, whatever. Then do all that you can do to reach it. Never look at others and judge yourself to them that is just going to drive you crazy. Make your short term goals reachable, then make longer term goals harder to reach. An example from me is I wanted to deadlift 275lbs 10x I reached that, that was a short term goal. mid range is my goal to bench 250lbs 10 times. My long term goals are to loose 60lbs of bodyfat and replace it with muscle. I hope this helps you out. Hang in there buddy.....I am always here too, I have been there done that already, send me an email or post here whatever you need.

--------------
I LIFT, THERFORE, I AM!
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/10/19, 03:25 AM
I'm tall but the funny thing is that I don't really FEEL tall......

Still I just realized something the other day...... I'm the tallest female athlete competing in Fitness/BB in entire France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.