Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Embarrasing but serious ?? for the guys.

parko03
parko03
United States
2004/03/26, 07:49 AM
So guys, I know its gonna be hard not to giggle but I am curious about this from a guys point of view. My husband Has been on a losing weight streak. He has lost almost 50 pounds and has more to lose. Meanwhile, I have noticed that all of a sudden he is wanting more sex. Oh! Trust me I am NOT complaining, as I've always been the one to want more. But I mean every other day.
Now, I know that he is probably feeling better about himself so his inhibitions are down, BUT its more. I mean more.....active....., trying new things....,and all in a GOOD way.....,not to mention he seems to be "lasting" longer...
Now have any of you experienced this? We have always been an "active" couple even after 10 years of marriage, but Im loving this. I just wonder if it is because of his weight loss or maybe something else. Im of course feeling extremely sexy because of it and the way Im looking after losing weight and working out. OR, could it be me turning him on more??

Ive been dying to ask this for a few weeks now, but didn't know how. But after last night, I have got to know, is it me or him?? :)And don't worry you cannot offend me so please speak freely. Im just wondering from a guys point of view.
Now that Im completely embarrased... here goes...(clicks post!)

--------------
It is no fun to be normal!!!
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/03/26, 08:00 AM
Have you ever thought to ask him? What does he think? I myself believe that staying fit keeps your sexuality high.

--------------
My gym dues are not paid with money.
parko03
parko03
United States
2004/03/26, 08:15 AM
My theory has always been... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I would even know how to ask him that.

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/03/26, 08:22 AM
his testosterone is up ferom working out, most likely. And when you feel sexier you emit more pheremones.

Rock on, sister!

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
parko03
parko03
United States
2004/03/26, 08:27 AM
Asimmer, HE does not work out. He does however, work in construction 10 hours a day, so he counts that as his exercize. I know better, but Im just proud of him for losing weight by watching what he's eating.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/03/26, 08:29 AM
Even eating right woll affect hormone levels.

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
parko03
parko03
United States
2004/03/26, 08:40 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention, he IS almost 40 years old too. (I like em older). Which is another weird thing about this.
nerraw
nerraw
United States
2004/03/26, 09:31 AM
Parko,
It takes two to tango, so my guess is that you're both fueling each others fires. The fact that you're shaping up is obviously a turn on for him, likewise his health will have put the spark back in his libido.
From my experience as I've become healthier and happier I found myself feeling more sexual than before, back to my teen dyas type desires. Something else that has returned after lsoing weight is the infamous morning glory!

No I'm no shrink so I really cannot account for his sexual experimentation, but suspect that is a consequence of renewed self esteem and confidence. Whatever...its sounds like you guys are in for a load of fun. Enjoy the ride.
deaddale
deaddale
United States
2004/03/26, 09:42 AM
Speaking as someone who recently started to workout, I can say that my sex drive has definately picked up after the first two weeks of exercise. Mostly before that I would eat till I was stuffed and just did not feel like going though the motions, or I was just so tired all the time that by the time I got to bed all I want to do is sleep. This also says nothing of my self image at the time, I just did not feel like an object of affection. I know this might sound funny, but I think guys like to feel sexy (might not be the right word) just as much as woman. I was a man that was 5'8 and 232, round was the word that described me not attractive. Even though me fiance that me that she would love me if I was 400 lbs, which I know she would, that did not help me feel better about myself. Once they weight started dropping the more I felt good about myself.

just my 2 cents,

Dale
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/26, 02:43 PM
Self-esteem, self-image, as well as hormones are effected tremendously when you go through such an alteration. My advice would be not to wonder so much "why" this is happening, but rather just enjoy it. Its fine to be curious as to why this is happening and you pretty much got all the answers from us, so go and enjoy!:big_smile:

--------------
Baseball is wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk.

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/03/26, 04:06 PM
Have to just say that ALL of the above reasons are true , no other reasons that I can think of. I'm laughing out the side of my mouth because I'm going to be 48 this year and feel like 21 again!

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
parko03
parko03
United States
2004/03/26, 07:00 PM
Thanks so much guys. I figured pretty much what you all are saying, I guess I just wanted to hear it from a guys point of view. THanks.

--------------
It is no fun to be normal!!!