Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

eating disorder

speedracer01167
speedracer01167
United States
2003/03/27, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone! I am new to this website and I love it! I was wondering if somebody out there can give me some advice. I have had an eating disorder for ten years. I am trying to get better and decided to start working out. I do cardio 30-40 minutes everyday. But I don't eat too much. I want to be strong, fit, and muscular!! I know I need to eat better but am afraid to get fat. Do you have any suggestions how to get started? I'm just taking baby steps right now. I have just recently begun to eat more in order to fuel me for my workouts. I want to be healthy but I don't know where to start! I want to start weight training but don't have the energy to do it. And if I eat more than I do now I get sick to my stomach and super bloated...I can't even drink a lot of water because of that. So anyway, if someone can offer some advice I'd REALLY appreciate it!!
thanks!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/03/27, 06:08 PM
Well first off, congratulations on taking the first step in changing your lifestyle. Perhaps you may want to start off slowly with the weight routine. Only do 1 bodypart a week untill you get used to the exercising and eating.
You will not get fat by eating more to fuel your body. The thing is, you haven't eaten much in the last while so that's why you get the bloated feeling. What you should try and do is "graze" this is a term we use for people who eat often but not much at 1 time. This will get your system adopted to eating again and eventually you will be eating right for the energy you burn.
If you fill out your profile we can help you more.

--------------
Peace on earth

Ivan Montreal Canada
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/03/29, 02:36 AM
Hi there and welcome!!

What I'll suggest you to do is to get a Personal Trainer who can help you taking the first step. You'll need guidance.
Yes you need to eat more or you'll never be able to shape your body.......
Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
PhysiqueMystiqu
PhysiqueMystiqu
United Kingdom
2003/03/29, 12:56 PM
That is so good that you have gotten over your eating issues. I know how hard it is!! Before you know you have this problem!

It seems that you might need to see a nutritionist because you might be eating something that does not agree with you. Have you tried an elimination diet to see if you feel better eliminating certain foods ie. dairy, nuts, grain etc. But see a good dietician.

--------------
For tasty nutritious bodybuilding recipes check out Muscle Menus CLICK HERE http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/ebook.asp
katia7
katia7
United States
2003/04/28, 11:51 AM
I know exactly what you're going though. Had an eating dissorder myself about 4 years ago. It's great that you decided to fix things.
You absolutely need to eat for your motabolism (that has been slowed down by the eating dissorder) to start working properly again. This will take time, but it will get fixed. Just start slowly.
I also had the very full and bloated feeling from eating and even drinking water. Don't eat big meals. Divide your meals into 5 -6 small meals (or more if you need to). With time your stomach will get used to having more food and the bloated feeling will go away. One thing that helps a lot is not to drink water right after eating (wait at least 30 min). But absolutely drink water! Also make sure to take a multivitamin. Your body is lacking nutrition from not eating so a multivitamin will help.
Hope that helps.
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2003/04/28, 12:16 PM
After struggling with an eating disorder for about 3 years, I can appreciate what you're going through. I had the best results when I was able to see my body as a machine that had to be fuelled. A car won't take you anywhere without gas, your body can't take you anywhere without food. Find healthy foods that you like and focus on health rather then weight and size until you are in a better place concerning your body.

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe