Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Eating After Cardio

Mls446
Mls446
United States
2007/11/07, 08:30 AM
I do my cardio at night, specifically my HIIT training. I do a good 30 minutes, and then it's time for bed. Is it best to eat after the cardio session and head to bed hungry, or should I eat and then head to bed? Lately I have been eating egg white omlets, tuna, and some milk, then going to bed. Just looking for a little more information into this.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/11/08, 12:37 PM
Protein shake right afterwards, then some cottage cheese or yogurt before you go to bed would be my suggestion.

What you're eating doesnt' sound too bad either though.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/11/08, 09:57 PM
Sleep is very important. I know when I don't eat enough before bed, I wake up and cannot sleep. This is counterproductive also.

Your weight loss depends on your caloric intake. If you are under your calorie needs, then by all means eat. If your body is 'telling' you to eat, then you should listen to it. What you are eating is good, eggwhites, etc.

When dieting for contests, I always had an eggwhite omlette with lots of veggies, salsa on top. Really 'quenched' my hunger and allowed me good sleep.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer