Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Dont know where to start...

rustproof
rustproof
United States
2002/02/19, 04:16 PM
Im the new guy to weightlifting. Im going for fat burning, and a muscle building, but I dont want to be 'huge'. Basically, Im looking to loose weight and be more defined. Im considering the pyramid system, but im unsure if thats the best. Im also unsure what it actually intails. Im looking to combine cardio and weights 3 or 4 days a week. I have a busy schedule, so Im looking to spend the least amount of time in the gym possible with the most benifits. But hardcore is not my thing.

Any tips, suggestions, or places I can look at with some numbers to look at and try out.

Thanks.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/02/19, 04:20 PM
Welcome to ft, rustproof! Have you already signed up for an ft program? If not, that would be a place to start.

The pyramid program, as you put it, entails starting with light weights and more reps., working your way to heavier weights and less reps. You don't have to be hardcore to see results. Just incorporate a good cardio exercise program, sound diet and weight training.

Good luck!
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/02/19, 06:24 PM
I am trying for the same effect. Sign up for the definition program. You do lots of reps with lower weights. It will give you definition and as your muscles develop, you will also lose weight faster. This program is great and you will see results at a great rate. Let us know how you are progressing. Good luck.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/02/20, 02:11 PM
Muscle don't come with magic, it takes a lot of time and patience so don't you worry, you'll not end up looking like Coleman after pushing a little bit weight.

Now if you just want to tone, loose weight and don't have much time to spend in the gym I'll suggest you to do circuit training. Do one good exercise for each muscle group and only do one set. Do this three times without having breaks between the sets but 45-60 secs of rest after finished your program once.

This will last 45-60 mins and three times a week would be fine.

Good luck.

--------------
- Nina :o)