Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Does Isopure do this to you?

ssminnow
ssminnow
United States
2007/07/18, 09:55 PM
So I got my tub O Isopure Vanilla in. I noticed that there are 320g of sodium per serving. Note that this serving size is about double that of most other whey proteins. I only take half a serving except PWO.

Anyway, it makes me so thirsty. When I work out at night, it has me up all night drinking water. Anyone else notice this? That seems very high for sodium count.

My last tub of On Whey Gold had 60g per serving and AST VP2 70g in comparison.

I guess I shouldn't have bought a 7.5 pounder of vanilla based on the sample of orange creamsicle. DOH!! Its gonna be a rough two months muscleing this stuff down.
Velasca
Velasca
United States
2007/07/18, 10:15 PM
I loved the isopure chocolate..mmmmmmm..ive found ppl either love it or hate it.... I am really enjoying the VP2 as well..and it is alittle sweeter than the isopure...

isopure didnt have that effect for me tho..but everyone reacts different to things sometimes...

--------------
There is no such thing as a *set point*. Im only set on getting past this point :)
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2007/07/19, 12:16 PM
Sodium levels in ion-exchange, cross-flow membrane whey proteins tend to be very high by nature because the process of ion-exchange strips out calcium and magnesium ions, and replaces them with sodium ions.

--------------
Michael

Humble, even in Victory.
ssminnow
ssminnow
United States
2007/07/19, 09:24 PM
Thanks Velasca and Rev. Thats good to know about the ion-exchange and the sodium levels. Sodium wasn't something I thought I needed to pay attention to on protein. Once i got the product though, I compared it to other stuff and realized how much more there was. I guess there is always a tradeoff. Easier for me to digest, but more sodium.
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/07/21, 03:27 PM
You know, the first time I tried Isopure it was the bottled type and it gave me cotton mouth and made me very thirsty. When I bought the powdered type I expected something similar, but it wasn't the same. Maybe because I use it close to a workout and a drink a lot of water anyway. Also, I have the mango peach which doesn't have the greatest taste, so I tend to drink a lot of water just to wash away the taste.