Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 102, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Do I really NEED supplements??

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/02/27, 10:54 AM
No, you do not need supplements. Meet your protein needs with whole foods, take in a balance of carbs and fats, and you will be fine.

Whey protein has not been around forever. I remember when we did not have it. We left the gym, went home and cooked up some high protein good balanced meal.

--------------
Strength and Honor!
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/02/27, 09:24 AM
Is it that important that I take things like creatine etc..the only supplements I take now are Flax seed oil caps and chromium..

Iam trying to tone and build muscle..and take in good proteins,but are supplements gonna make or break my success?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2006/02/28, 03:11 PM
People have become soooo dependent on supplements that they think taking supplements will make 'em or break 'em. Some I believe only one is truly necessary - a good multivitamin/mineral for instance (I take Animal Pak). Other than that, eat healthy and be active.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/02/28, 09:16 PM
Besides, so much is made of post workout. Actually, this becomes more relative in a certain timeframe only if your pre workout nutriton is not adequate.

Look at any of the hundreds of studies that promote how much more glucose is taken up by the muscle post workout in your "window of opportunity". None reference what was taken in pre workout, they could and many are after a fasted state. Of course uptake would be high.

A more relevant study shows pre workout nutrition far more important, with more glucose uptake than post workout.

--------------
Strength and Honor!