Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Do I need to be in pain?

karla123
karla123
United States
2007/06/03, 04:33 PM
I am 49 and had a hole in my heart repaired 3 years ago. This is the first time in my life that I have been able to maintain a workout schedule although I have always kept active with swimming, aerobics, biking, hiking and skiing. I have worked up to an advance workout. I have been working out for over a year with a professional trainer. We do advance exercises with a combination of free weights, running, mat work. I have yet to not feel completely beat up the next day from working out. Recently, I injured my shoulder doing a side hold and need to stop using my left arm for a couple of weeks. My question do I always need to be in pain to feel any gain.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/06/03, 07:06 PM
NO and in fact being in pain is bad. Being sore from a work out means you have used them in a differnet way. Being sore after is not a good or bad sign of a workout. and NOT being sore is not a sign of that either.....that is a myth.....define the pain you are in?

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com