Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Dilemma

Slim-Daddy
Slim-Daddy
Canada
2002/01/25, 04:32 AM
I want to add mass to my upper body while at the same time getting rid of my gut,im naturally an ectomorph(hardgainer) and have read many articles stating ecto's cannot lose fat and add muscle at the same time,but there has to be some compromise to this statement..would lowering my meals from 6 down to 4 a day,getting more rest and doing cardio 2 or more days a week(in the morning before breakfast so it burns fat for fuel and not food) and using cell tech help me achieve my goal? or do i have to keep trying to "bulk up" which has added less muscle and more fat than I planned on when i started?
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/01/25, 06:27 AM
Well thats not entirely true.....if you can build some mass and you watch your diet then the fat will begin to come off. Keep your meals at 6, get more rest, use cell tech, eat lots of protein and you will acheive your goal. I am more ectomorph but have been able to get very symetrical from weight training(buils upper body. (You can view a partial body picture.)
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/01/25, 09:35 AM
It's not often to see ectomorph with weight problems but of course that exist. Often it's just on the stomach area and not else where.
Continue to eat 6 times a day, but maybe u should try to calm down your carb intake (but lots of proteins for your new coming muscles!!).
Be careful of keeping enough energy for the muscles. Do your weight training and drink a protein/carb shake just after. Keep doing endurance cardio, good idea with the empty stumach thing. Keep your heart in 55-65% of your max.

Everybody can change their bodies. We all got diff bodytypes and genetics but with determination we can all get greater bodies. Luck to you!
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/01/25, 10:30 AM
Listen to these experts, Slim. I have had problems with putting on muscle mass, but I have done it (I'm a classic hardgainer). As far as losing the gut, you can by incorporating a sensible (low-fat) diet and cardio exercises (at least 3 times per week).

Good luck!
MuscleRage
MuscleRage
United States
2002/01/25, 02:36 PM
an endomorph is a hardgainer an ectomorph is the exact opposite....anyways....as long as you work hard u should be fine...you could lower your meals down a little..it wouldnt hurt any.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/01/26, 03:11 AM
Hmmmm Musclerage, have you ever seen an Endomorph having any probs of gaining muscle weight?!!! No? Well, that's no surprise since it's ten times easier for them as for the Ectomorphs.
That's the lucky part. The unlucky part is that they easily gain fat as well.

Ah well, we are all learning (who cares about morphology anyway?!!! :o)
Slim-Daddy
Slim-Daddy
Canada
2002/01/26, 04:21 AM
well all the men in my family have beer guts so i guess its hereditary. not many people are only one body type,most people are mixed and i think im a bit of all 3. mainly ectomorph though.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/01/28, 11:55 AM
Since you're a hardgainer, you should not try to gain mass and lose fat at the same time. Believe me, I've tried and it's difficult. Do one then the other. I'm currently at the tail end of my mass program, but have since gained about an inch on my waist. So, I'm now back to dieting (lower calorie consumption) as I begin the lean-out/cutting phase.