Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Different machine to work same muscle

Nfigueroa75
Nfigueroa75
United States
2002/05/15, 02:59 PM
Some of the machines are in the weight lifting section, which I try to avoid. I am a big fan of the machines, and not so much the free weights. Some of the exercise are hard to do because of the fact that I hate going to the weight lifting section, with the huge guys. I will go when my boyfriend works out with me, but that is not very ofter. Is there anyhwhere on this site where they give you an alternative to the exercise give in the program that will work the same muscle?
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/15, 03:04 PM
If you click on ft resources, muscle targeting, then the muscle you want it will give you a list of all the exercise ft offers.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/15, 03:06 PM
Well you could goto the exercises resources menu then muscle targeting and pick a machine exercise that works the muscle you wanted.. but you really should use some freeweights.. don't be intimidated by huge ppl over at the free weights.. I actually like freeweights more than machines because you have to stablize the weight as you move it around... if you just don't want to workout by them you can just pick up some dumbells and move over to another corner or bench in the gym to workout.. I usually do this if its too croweded by the dumbell rack.. fill out your profile too..
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/05/15, 07:51 PM
I think all those guys like women being over there because they don't see many of them. I think you'll eventually get over your fear when you get tired of the machines.
SeanMS
SeanMS
United States
2002/05/23, 02:10 AM
Heck yea Lumina, you got that right. Where I work out at we always welcome the ladies. We're glad to have their company. Those guys had to start out somewhere, they weren't born with those muscles ya know. When I'm spotting any of the girls at the gym and they comment on how much weight I'm squating or bench pressing I point out to them that when I started I was using about the same weight that they are right now, you can tell that helps make them feel a little more comfortable. Plus I profit from it too. I'd much rather have a good looking woman spot me than a guy- it helps me push-out a few more reps that way (Maybe it's something to do with Testosterone).
qualters
qualters
United States
2002/05/24, 12:01 AM
I Know for a Fact your company will be welcomed on that side of the gym. Also free weights are the BEST way to lift.
GOOD LUCK