Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Diets for those out ALL day

gigi4444
gigi4444
Singapore
2007/03/29, 04:30 AM
What would you recommend for someone who is out ALL day. I want to change my diet habits, but am finding it quite hard as I am out of the house from 9am - 8pm most of the days.

I don't cook, and I rush out of the house with an apple, have a big lunch, and then eat whatever snacks in the afternoon.

What would you do if you were me? I can't (as much as I'd like) quit my job.

There is one healthy dish here in Singapore, which is called "Yong Tau Fu" which is basically boiled veggies, tofu, mushrooms, fishballs, and a boiled egg. While this is good for lunch, what would you recommend for the rest of the days when stuck at the office? Id like to come up with a very strict eating plan, like- 9:00am eat this- 12:00pm eat this, as if I am laizzei fair (sp) with my eating habits I just tend to eat whatever. Is this doable without commiting myself to hours of meal planning and preparing?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/03/29, 08:30 AM
Start cooking, that is the only way you will get complete control.
On the weekends, prep a bunch of veggies, cook a pot of rice, grill a bunch of chicken, make them into meals to go in plastic containers and you have solved you problem.

You are laissez faire by saying you don't cook but you want to change your diet habits.

Fail to plan, plan to fail.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

gigi4444
gigi4444
Singapore
2007/03/29, 09:47 AM
Booooo. You said exactly what I didn't want to hear. Thank you for answering my questions though...very much appreciated. I really AM serious about being healthier.

Well, here is my mock plan up- with some variation ...still no good? I am planning.....

8:30 am meal 1- apple

11:00meal 2- small bowl of oatmeal with raisins

1:00 meal 3- tofu, boiled egg, many veggies, fishball (this is actually the main large meal)or boiled fish and rice soup

3:00 meal 4- some fruit

6:00 meal 5- handful nuts/boiled egg

8:00-bedtime- fruit
FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/03/29, 11:23 AM
I very much doubt you can live on such a small amount of food; read up on the effects of eating too little, this has been covered numerous times.

Use the search function found at the bottom.

Good luck!

--------------
If in doubt K.I.S.S.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/03/29, 01:50 PM
wheres the protein? How are you going to build muscle with no protein? Either order some whey protein to supplement all those silly fruit only meals, or scramble some eggs and grill some chicken or fish (or are you vegan?)

Here is how I eat....

6:30am
1/2c oats
2 scoops protein in orange crystal lite,
tbsp Essential oil

9:30
1/2c brown rice
chicken breast (5 oz)
optional any green fibrous veggie

12:30 Post workout shake:
1 scoop protein
20g fast absorbing carbs

3:30
5 oz chicken breast
1/4c brown rice
1 c green fibrous veggies

6:30
5 oz extra lean beef
3-6 oz baked potato (depends on the day)
1c green veggies

9:00
2 eggs
4 egg whites
tbsp essential oil

hmmmm see the difference? I am not saying you have to eat exactly like me, but a protein and carb meal every 3 hours is very beneficial....

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2007/03/29, 08:59 PM
gigi it is hard... I know because I am out all day too. Asimmer gave you perfect advice... make your meals on Sunday and whala its there for the rest of the week.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2007/03/29, 09:44 PM
Working on the road myself, I bring Eggs, cheese, salad, cans of Tuna, yogurts, whole grain crackers/bread, nuts fruits,Water, Apple juice, and protein shakes. I eat lunch in a restaurant daily as it is compulsery with what I do.
You must have real meals.An apple is NOT a meal.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/03/29, 09:46 PM
Yeah, planning ahead is essential. I am out 12-14 hrs. daily in most cases, and I do as many have mentioned above. Preparation. :)

--------------
"If it ain't broke, you aren't trying."