Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22773

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Diet Myths

INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2009/11/14, 05:21 PM
#1, to just to get things started.

Follow Your Diet Six Days a Week, Then You Can Have a Cheat Day

This is absurd! What if you were a harsh, overly strict parent six days a week, then completely ignored your kids every Saturday? How would this approach work for your marriage or managing your employees?

It just doesn't make sense to try to be perfect (whatever that is) Sunday through Friday while obsessing about everything you're going to eat on your day off. Then on Saturday you overeat just because you're allowed to, so you end up feeling miserable all day. Huh? Personally, I would rather enjoy eating the foods I love every day mindfully and in moderation. I call this being "in charge" instead of going back and forth between being in control and out of control.

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
"The thing you have to realize is that you have to work for it,"
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/11/14, 10:56 PM
Why ruin what we work hard for the other 6 days??
True myth.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/11/16, 11:42 AM
I'm on the fence with this one. I believe that you do need to have some "up days" once in a while to keep your hormones regular. It's consistency that determines how your body is going to look. One day doesn't destroy your body.
What I think you were driving at Intruder was the extreme person that waits all week and then has a total day of gorging on terrible foods, which is something I'm not too keen on. That's where moderation is the key: It keeps you from feeling deprived.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2009/11/16, 02:03 PM
That diet has 'nothing' to do with losing weight or fat. Or that eating less ie: 900 calories a day, will be healthy.
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2009/11/16, 11:55 PM
i just wanted to hear/share about myths. thats all'

--------------
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/11/17, 12:29 PM
"These pills can make you skinny."
"I lost 10 pounds of fat in three days!"
"Doing lots of crunches will get you a six-pack!"

All of those + just about the whole "supplement" industry.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/11/17, 04:19 PM
the fat-blaster!!

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Davetheman26
Davetheman26
United States
2009/11/23, 02:27 AM
I think people have taken this diet out of context. After a month or 2 the one day off should disappear almost completely. And the eating of healthy food 7 days a week will be like a natural habit. I do that 6 six days a week diet or similar to it..Basically my diet is a variation of the "abs diet" been doing it for the past 4 years with great results. Better than the army diet I was on for the 4 years I was in. I have a pretty routine diet for most of the week. I'm really not into eating a whole lot of food at one time. for example a whole large pizza or 1 fried chicken.. but every once in a while I do because it is gooood!
drubacca_df
drubacca_df
United States
2010/03/01, 11:20 AM
I can understand peoples need for a cheat day... it helps them feel like they are still in control, and not like their diet is in control. Plus, for a lot of people, completely ignoring foods they once loved and ate just brings on cravings, and those that are more weak willed will give in.

After a few weeks the cheat day should go away, and not by force, but out of habit. I just had the first cheat day of my diet, I had two light beers and half of a small pizza (about two medium slices). After an entire week of working out and eating healthy, my body actually didn't particularly agree with the pizza. Maybe that is the first step to not having a cheat day....
drubacca_df
drubacca_df
United States
I can understand peoples need for a cheat day... it helps them feel like they are still in control, and not like their diet is in control. Plus, for a lot of people, completely ignoring foods they once loved and ate just brings on cravings, and those that are more weak willed will give in.

After a few weeks the cheat day should go away, and not by force, but out of habit. I just had the first cheat day of my diet, I had two light beers and half of a small pizza (about two medium slices). After an entire week of working out and eating healthy, my body actually didn't particularly agree with the pizza. Maybe that is the first step to not having a cheat day....
drubacca_df
drubacca_df
United States
I love computer hiccups....sorry for that double post
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2010/03/25, 01:35 AM
now its the new tastless food crystalls. Just sprinkel on and makes all your food have no flavor. wow! what a consept'

--------------
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/03/25, 03:38 PM
When healthy diet becomes a habit, we just fit in some crap occasionally. I don't consider it a cheat, as I am not fooling anyone, but just like you said "it's good"!

--------------

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

just08in
just08in
India
2010/08/13, 03:55 AM
I was 78kgs and got it down to 67 in 2 months. This is what I did. I detailed it out in this post. My diet and the way of life described.
http://404phylenotfound.blogspot.com/2008/03/how-can-one-cut-down-his-weight-by-10.html
Believe me it is not difficult at all..everyone can do it. Only in cases of hereditary/genetically acquired then might need medicines