Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Deep Depression

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/09/05, 04:18 PM
Hi. I went to the doctors. As in a previous post I get a slight case of gout from time to time. Well this time is was not so slight. Been a week, and it seems to get worse, so I broke down and went to the doctor. they said yep, it is gout. It seems to have no root cause, my diet is good I do not drink alchol, and I drink plenty H2O. So there is really nothing I can do to prevent it. So I am stuck taking pills. They were susposed to take the inflmation down(which it did a little, as well as help witht he pain, which it did not.). The thing is that I can not lift or do cardio at all, it just hurts to much. I am so depressed cause i am eating a lot and can not seem to stop, I feel so disgusted by it ( I know there is nothing I can do tillit rusn it course but still) I am trying to keep what I eat good but it is hard. Oh well I guess I can always start over....

----------------------------
Life comes by only once....Live it to the fullest!
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/09/05, 05:29 PM
Hey Mutt sorry to here about your gout, I know that this can be very painfull. But dont lose hope it will get better just takes time for the meds to work. As far as not lifting can you do something from a seated position assuming the problem is with your foot. Cardio is pretty much out but if you do some stuff from sitting it will help take your mind off the pain. You can control the pain a lot yourself just with your breating and positive thinking all this will help with the eating and intern will make you feel better. also there is some exercises you can do with out hardly moving you can work your entire body. There is a book called the Way of Energy energy Author master Lam Kam Chuen this book is very good. It might sound like crap but it works. Good luck Mutt

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
Bnoble
Bnoble
United States
2002/09/10, 01:50 PM
I have someone in my life that suffers from the same ailment. He has found over the years that Green Beans seem to aggravate it.

Not sure why....

Something to look at anyways.

In the meantime, you may want to take the time off weights and focus on some other muscles...(Brain..Spirit)

Depression is often a great time to do some soul searching.(word of caution...don't wallow...be introspective instead)I get depressed on a semi-regular basis. I used to consider it a bad thing and got nothing done, and was the worse for it.

Now, it's beginning to turn into an asset. It's time that I spend with myself, and only myself. If I don't let fear in the way, and I practice honesty, I can get a lot of things done. Re-evaluate what's important to me, where I'm going, where I've been, how far I've come..etc...Rarely does my depression stand up against that kind of thinking, and usually by the time that process is over, whatever was holding me up has either lifted, or I have a sane strategy for moving forward with it. (notice I didn't say fix it...I can rarely fix anything)

Something else to consider... You're not starting over...All that hard work you did is still there, it did not go anywhere. Your muscles will remember, and you will get back up to speed in no time.

This was probably the world's way of putting you in check...backing you off, and giving you a chance to look at some other stuff.

When the time is right, you'll be free to pursue your physical goals again.

I'm taking a week off myself to rest and heal my muscles. In the meantime I'm reading a book that isn't brain-candy.

I have also taken this opportunity to lay it on a little harder at work, now that I've freed up some energy and need something else to obsess on....lol.

I don't do this thing (life) perfectly, but to the best of my ability....

As long as I do my best, I'm always happy with the results.

Good luck, and I hope that you can find an opportunity for growth out of all of this.

--------------
"When going through hell......DON'T STOP"
bigbike
bigbike
United States
2002/09/10, 03:59 PM
I find this time of year (losing daylight big time) seems to set me off. After about mid Oct. When we only lose minor bits of light each day I am pretty good again

--------------
I refuse to tiptoe thru life, only to arrive at deaths door quietly.